Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Any info on Alex Wimmers for the 2013 season??

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Buckeyedrew33

Buckeyedrew33

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Followed Alex Wimmers at Ohio State just wondered how he is doing with the Twins health wise?? I know he only pitched 5 innings last year. I know he had surgery on his right elbow.The kid is so talanted really hope he gets healthy and can show his real self in pro ball. Thanks Drew

#2 Oldgoat_MN

Oldgoat_MN

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Drew - I have not read anything about him yet for this year.
Keep checking back, though. Seth or John or, well, somone who knows something will respond to this.

#3 righty8383

righty8383

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

expect him to throw in live games sometime in June. He'll start out an inning at a time and go from there. I wouldn't be surpised to see him playing with one of the upper level teams by the end of the year.

#4 Twins Twerp

Twins Twerp

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

He had his surgery earlier in the year than Gibson if im not mistaken so hopefully he gets a few more innings and gets a spot in the arizona fall league.

#5 Mave

Mave

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

He had his surgery earlier in the year than Gibson if im not mistaken so hopefully he gets a few more innings and gets a spot in the arizona fall league.

Yup-- Wimmers had his on Aug 2 and Gibson on Nov 7.
Hoping Wimmers can come back strong and healthy! It will be great to see him finally get some consistent, meaningful and effective innings in.

#6 Buckeyedrew33

Buckeyedrew33

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

Thanks for the info. Sounds like he still has some rehab to do. Praying for a healthy recovery. Alex is a nice kid and comes fro a very nice family.

#7 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 6,797 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

His recovery has been going well, as has been expected, but no timelines have been set at this point. I think that Gibson's recovery was unusually good in 2012, and players come back from it differently, so I think if estimated the same timeline for Wimmers (even though he had surgery earlier), it is conservative and realistic. If it's quicker, that's just a bonus, really.