Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Trade Target Asdrubal Cabrera

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Brandon

Brandon

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

Cleveland is looking to trade their SS and OF and anyone else they can to stockpile prospects. What about a trade of one of our prospects preferably OF to Cleveland for Cabrera? I know cabrera costs money but is an above average former All Star SS. What would it take to get this done and would the Twins dare?

#2 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

It's pretty simple. You trade for Asdrubal if you are also signing Greinke and a 2nd very good pitcher. He's only under contract for 2 more seasons and you have to assume that the Indians would be asking for really good prospects. Possibly 2 of the Twins top 10.

#3 luke829

luke829

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

It's pretty simple. You trade for Asdrubal if you are also signing Greinke and a 2nd very good pitcher. He's only under contract for 2 more seasons and you have to assume that the Indians would be asking for really good prospects. Possibly 2 of the Twins top 10.

I'm guessing you're of the opinion "no thank you"
Mastermind of the "Free Bert" sign.

#4 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Yeah, the cost isn't worth it in this case, if he was the "missing piece" sure, but the Twins don't need to be trading any of there 2014+ assets for short time help now.

#5 AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS

AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Yeah, the cost isn't worth it in this case, if he was the "missing piece" sure, but the Twins don't need to be trading any of there 2014+ assets for short time help now.

Exactly right. He isnt the missing link. As much as I would like Cabrera to be a fixture a SS, its not worth mortgaging the future.

#6 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

I'd love to have him but it sounds like Cle is only letting go of him for pitching.

#7 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

I'm guessing you're of the opinion "no thank you"

I really don't see the point of trading 1-2 top prospects for a top SS when your rotation will make it impossible to win more than 75 games. 2-3 yrs ago I would be pushing this trade as much (or more) as anyone.