Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Field Claimed by Angels

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

According to MLB Trade Rumors, the Angels have claimed Thomas Field, the shortstop that the Twins claimed from Colorado earlier this month. No surprise. In fact, I kind of expected it to happen sooner. The move puts the Twins 40 man roster at 39 heading into the Winter Meetings.

#2 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Tommie, we hardly knew ye...

The point, again on the original move was...what???

#3 AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS

AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Haha i hear ya...who knows?

#4 darin617

darin617

• Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

So does this mean the Twins are finally make a FA signing now that they have an open spot? Drew Butera should be non tendered by the deadline. Come on does any other team in baseball have 5 catchers on their 40 man roster???

#5 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

Haha i hear ya...who knows?

Two more spots to clear via DFA/non-tender before the Winter Meetings left. Son of Sal and the other 30 day wonder, Tim Wood.

#6 AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS

AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

[quote name='jokin'][quote name='AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS'][quote name='jokin']Tommie, we hardly knew ye...

The point, again on the original move was...what???[/QUOTE]

Haha i hear ya...who knows?[/QUOTE]

Two more spots to clear via DFA/non-tender before the Winter Meetings left. Son of Sal and the other 30 day wonder, Tim Wood.[/QUOTE]

Some how...Some way.....Butera will be a Twin next year.

#7 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

So does this mean the Twins are finally make a FA signing now that they have an open spot? Drew Butera should be non tendered by the deadline. Come on does any other team in baseball have 5 catchers on their 40 man roster???

Any team that Gardy manages can't risk one AB from a pitcher in extra innings, he'd have 6 backstops if he could get away with it.

Quouth Gardy: "Cmon, that's simple stuff!"

#8 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

[quote name='AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS'][quote name='jokin'][quote name='AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS'][quote name='jokin']Tommie, we hardly knew ye...

Two more spots to clear via DFA/non-tender before the Winter Meetings left. Son of Sal and the other 30 day wonder, Tim Wood.[/QUOTE]

Some how...Some way.....Butera will be a Twin next year.[/QUOTE]

With my tongue only semi-planted-in-cheek, I'd invite DrewBie in as a non-roster Relief PItcher. Sal Jr hit 95 on the gun in his pitching gem this year.

#9 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

The Twins did the same with Florimon last year. They claimed him and then DFAd him. He cleared and they were able to keep him. I would put Field behind Dozier, Carroll, Florimon, Escobar, and Beresford, so if he cleared, cool. If not, oh well.

Butera could be DFAd on Friday.

Tim Wood can't be taken off the 40 man roster until spring training.

#10 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

The Twins did the same with Florimon last year. They claimed him and then DFAd him. He cleared and they were able to keep him. I would put Field behind Dozier, Carroll, Florimon, Escobar, and Beresford, so if he cleared, cool. If not, oh well.

Butera could be DFAd on Friday.

Tim Wood can't be taken off the 40 man roster until spring training.

Thanks for the update, Seth.

Question. What was the difference in player status between Field and Wood?

#11 AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS

AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

[quote name='jokin'][quote name='AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS'][quote name='jokin'][quote name='AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS'][quote name='jokin']Tommie, we hardly knew ye...

Some how...Some way.....Butera will be a Twin next year.[/QUOTE]

With my tongue only semi-planted-in-cheek, I'd invite DrewBie in as a non-roster Relief PItcher. Sal Jr hit 95 on the gun in his pitching gem this year.[/QUOTE]

haha i literally just laughed out loud. We just need to cut the chord with Butera.