Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Simple Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Thor

Thor

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

Should the Vikes go after Alex Smith this offseason. After today the bridge is burned and he will be available.

#2 AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS

AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Alex Smith knew his time was almost over when they drafter Kaepnernick, if I was the vikes I would go after Matt Flynn, Alex Smith I dont think would far to well without Harbaugh. What you guys really need is a deep threat WR.

#3 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

What I dont' get is that Alex Smith has been a pretty decent QB the last couple of years. Even getting beat out, it isn't as if Smith was horrible... Kaepenick was just better. I think someone would give a 2nd or 3rd for him, and I wouldn't be against the Vikings doing it... I've seen enough of Ponder to know he isn't the answer. This team is winning in spite of him.

Smith can complete the short throws and should be enough of a danger that defenses cannot just focus on AP.

#4 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Ponder is single-handedly killing us on the road in Green Bay. He's had great protection, a back run for 200 yards, and all he had to do was make open throws and he's throwing it to the other team.

And we still have another year of this in store. Good god.

#5 Reginald Maudling's Shin

Reginald Maudling's Shin

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

Alex Smith isn't the answer. There is a reason he's been benched in favor of Kaepernick. He never, ever throws the ball downfield. Ask yourself this:Why would a legit super bowl contending team go to a completely unproven rookie over a 6-year veteran at the most important position on the field?

#6 Rosterman

Rosterman

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

Is there a Vikings Daily?
Joel Thingvall
www.thingvall.com
rosterman at www.twinscards.com