Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Kent Hrbek statue

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 sportingstatues

sportingstatues

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hi
I'm currently putting together a website cataloging all of the USA’s baseball statues - www.sportingstatues.com - as such I was wondering if anyone out there could let me know what the plaque inscription on Kent Hrbek's recent statue says - I can't find a photo of the plaque anywhere. Answers to c.b.stride(at)sheffield.ac.uk please :-)
cheers
Chris

#2 gil4

gil4

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

Sorry I can't help. You made me curious, so i'm posting so I can find it more easily and check back.

#3 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

I'll try to get out there tomorrow. I'm headed out to the 'burbs in a few minutes or I'd do it right now. (I live about 5 blocks from the stadium.)

#4 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

It says:

"Yeah, I'll have a number three with cheese, onion rings, and a chocolate shake. Wait, what? What's this for again?"
-Kent Hrbek

Okay, so I haven't made it out there yet. Sorry, I've been busy.

#5 gil4

gil4

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

It says:

"Yeah, I'll have a number three with cheese, onion rings, and a chocolate shake.

I don't know... is the number 3 the double? Because he definitely ordered the double.

Edited by gil4, 09 November 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#6 Fire Dan Gladden

Fire Dan Gladden

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

I think it says:

Kent Hrbek: This Twins great is known for fishing, eating, hunting, and the occasional baseball game. He is currently believed to be a masked wrestler in Japan using the name 'Tyrannosaurus Rex'.

#7 gil4

gil4

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

We're learning what it should have said...

#8 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

I finally made it out there. I took a picture that I can post later when I'm not on my phone, but the plaque reads:

"

Kent Hrbek
Minnesota Twins
1981 - 1994

Kent Hrbek to his wife Jeanie Hrbek,
before the start of the 1987 playoffs

"I don't want to win the World Series
for me, but for all of the fans
of Twins baseball."

"

#9 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

Attached File  IMAG0664.jpg   98.17KB   4 downloads

#10 gil4

gil4

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Thanks for the effort.

Your suggestion would have fit Hrbek much better.

#11 TK10

TK10

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Hrbek is proof positive that Dean Wormer was wrong. Fat, drunk and stupid is absolutely the way to go through life.

#12 ScottyBroco

ScottyBroco

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hi
I'm currently putting together a website cataloging all of the USA’s baseball statues - www.sportingstatues.com - as such I was wondering if anyone out there could let me know what the plaque inscription on Kent Hrbek's recent statue says - I can't find a photo of the plaque anywhere. Answers to c.b.stride(at)sheffield.ac.uk please :-)
cheers
Chris

If you are going make sporting statues I hope you are going to include something about Kirby Puckett's statue. Or better known as Tonya's revenge. The Star Tribune gossip columnist C.J. wrote about this because the statue doesn't look anything like Kirby and is his ex-wife's way of getting back for his sexual harassment business. The Twins wanted it too like as much as him and let Tonya have the final say. Personally he looks like fat chipmunk.

Also I hope you are going to talk about the Michael Jackson statue at Fulham's Craven Cottage. If you do not know what I am talking about it is worth a Google.