Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Five Crazy Free-Agent Ideas

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Physics Guy

Physics Guy

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

I thought the rest of you might enjoy this:

http://espn.go.com/b...ree-agent-ideas

I got a good chuckle this morning. David Schoenfield suggests the Twins could sign both Kyle Lohse and Annibal Sanchez. He obviously isn't aware of the end of Lohse's tenure here nor knows Ryan very well. My guess is there is a less that five percent chance Ryan spends that kind of money.

#2 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

Love the idea of Sanchez but you're right, no way Lohse, who is also a Boras client, comes to MN.

#3 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,020 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

Crazy is right.

Why the hell would the Mariners want freaking Zack Greinke with they already have an abundance of pitching and pitching that will be up soon.

The chances that Lohse comes back to Minnesota are about 1 i 10,000,000,000

#4 Rosterman

Rosterman

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

And I still don't see why folks are ga-ga over giving Lohse big money. He's old, been inconsistent, has an attitude. He's been extremely lucky since he left the Twins salary-wise.....but has had ups and downs. He would never return to the Twins, unless Todd Walker was back on the field.
Joel Thingvall
www.thingvall.com
rosterman at www.twinscards.com

#5 jtrinaldi

jtrinaldi

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

The Twins will not spend big this year. The year they will spend big is likely to be the year that Sano and Rosario make their debuts.
Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
http://www.facebook....256164664420932

#6 johnnydakota

johnnydakota

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

The Twins will not spend big this year. The year they will spend big is likely to be the year that Sano and Rosario make their debuts.

2017?

#7 johnnydakota

johnnydakota

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

Crazy is right.

Why the hell would the Mariners want freaking Zack Greinke with they already have an abundance of pitching and pitching that will be up soon.

The chances that Lohse comes back to Minnesota are about 1 i 10,000,000,000

because not being the minnesota twins , they want to win? , where as the twins only want to appear to want to win , its easier and cheaper and sells almost as many tickets

#8 J-Dog Dungan

J-Dog Dungan

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

I thought the rest of you might enjoy this:

http://espn.go.com/b...ree-agent-ideas

I got a good chuckle this morning. David Schoenfield suggests the Twins could sign both Kyle Lohse and Annibal Sanchez. He obviously isn't aware of the end of Lohse's tenure here nor knows Ryan very well. My guess is there is a less that five percent chance Ryan spends that kind of money.

1. I totally agree with everyone else, there is no way the Twins spend money on Lohse.
2. Josh Hamilton to the Giants? Most other baseball pundits, for lack of a better word, are saying that they are struggling to come up with the money to sign guys like Pagan and they think they are going to give out a big contract to Hamilton? Ah Heck, nah.
3. I am not sure that Swisher would survive in Seattle. It is such a, again, for lack of a better term, quiet town, and he has such an adittude that I am not sure that Seattle could handle his shenanigans. Maybe he goes back to Billy Beane, the guy who drafted him? Those two would make quite a pair in Oakland. And there is no way that the Mariners are more attractive to Greinke than the Rangers, Angels, or hell, even the Twins (as bad as they have been.)