Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Former Twin Randy Bush gets three-year extension

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

According to Carrie Muskat, the mlb.com beat writer for the Cubs, mentioned on Twitter that former Twins OF/DH /PH Randy Bush received a 3-year contract extension to remain the Cubs' Assistant General Manager.

#2 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 5,805 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

Cool. He always seemed like a good guy.

#3 Curt

Curt

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

Bottom of the fourth inning, game 2, 1987 World Series. Twins come into the inning with a 1-0 lead. They load the bases with one out and Randy Bush up. Bush lines an 0-2 pitch into the right-field corner for a double, plating Kirby Puckett and Kent Hrbek, to give the Twins a 3-0 lead.

Two batters later, again with the bases loaded, Tim Laudner lines a single into left field. Gaetti scores easily from third-base and Bush tries to follow him from second. Cardinals' left-fielder Vince Coleman has a weak arm but, this time, his throw is right on the money. Bush makes a great head-first slide to the outside of the plate, reaching in to touch home, barely eluding Tony Pena's tag. 5-0 Twins.

The Twins plate two more in the inning, giving starter Bert Blyleven a 7-0 lead.

#4 Fire Dan Gladden

Fire Dan Gladden

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

I had read previously that they really like the work he is doing there. It wouldn't surprise me to see him as a GM somewhere soon.

#5 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

Randy Bush.

I got nothin', I just like saying...randy bush.

Randy Bush.

#6 mbents

mbents

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

Bush makes a great head-first slide to the outside of the plate, reaching in to touch home, barely eluding Tony Pena's tag. 5-0 Twins.

I think I was 8 when I saw that head-first slide into home. I remember copying it while playing kickball at school. Of course, now I know better than to slide head-first into home. But as a kid, it was awesome!