Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Article: Twins' Kyle Gibson heating up in Arizona

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Parker Hageman

Parker Hageman

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...g-up-in-Arizona

#2 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,428 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

"a slider that was christened by Baseball America in January as the “best” slider in the Twins’ system"

Isn't that a bit like winning silver in the Special Olympics?

#3 ericchri

ericchri

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

I'm assuming Liriano being at the Major League level meant Gibson's wasn't being compared against it?

#4 Willihammer

Willihammer

ice cream correspondent

• Members
  • 2,807 posts
  • LocationSaint Paul

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

What kind of rise is he getting on the 4 seam heater?

#5 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

Very positive. a 2 mph increase in his FB makes a huge difference, and could vault his ceiling to a number 1 IMO. Especially if his slider and change are plus pitches. He would then have a plus plus FB and 2 plus secondary pitches. I can't wait to see him in the MLB.
Do or do not. There is no try.

#6 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 5,771 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

Regardless of how we all feel he should be used next year, this is encouraging news.

#7 SgtSchmidt11

SgtSchmidt11

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

Very positive. a 2 mph increase in his FB makes a huge difference, and could vault his ceiling to a number 1 IMO. Especially if his slider and change are plus pitches. He would then have a plus plus FB and 2 plus secondary pitches. I can't wait to see him in the MLB.

Depends on your definition of a #1. He certainly could be a Twins #1. Which is good enough news for me.

#8 SweetOne69

SweetOne69

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Depends on your definition of a #1. He certainly could be a Twins #1. Which is good enough news for me.

Most people consider the bolded portion above the definition of a #1 pitcher. The additional part of the definition that we don't know yet is health.