Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Vikings vs Jags 2013 Super Bowl Preview?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

Will Peterson get more then 5 carries?
Will Ponder improve on his mediocre rookie season?
Will the Vikes start out the season with a W?

My prediction:

Vikes 24
Jags 20

#2 fatbeer

fatbeer

Banned

• Banned
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:44 AM

I have Peterson and Jones Drew on my fantasy team, if there are 5 TD's in this game they get at least 2 of them and probably 3. Not gonna start either of them but I wouldn't be at all shocked if Peterson goes for 80 and 2. This game is the key to my Vikings 0-16 prediction, I see it more like a 16-13 game.

I have about as much confidence in Ponder as I had in McNabb, he gets more credit per completion then any QB in the history of the NFL. Complete a pass in a tight spot once, thats what NFL QB's do.

Edited by fatbeer, 09 September 2012 - 06:48 AM.

#3 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

The Vikes won't go 0-16, they are bad, but not that bad.

#4 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

Offense isn't exactly impressing.

#5 snepp

snepp

Speediest Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

Off to a putrid start already.
"Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
- Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

#6 snepp

snepp

Speediest Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

Slowly turning around, but the defense still needs to find a way to make a 3rd down stop or two.
"Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
- Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

#7 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

Very meh game. This team will be lucky to win 2 conference games.

#8 fatbeer

fatbeer

Banned

• Banned
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

I have Peterson and Jones Drew on my fantasy team, if there are 5 TD's in this game they get at least 2 of them and probably 3. Not gonna start either of them but I wouldn't be at all shocked if Peterson goes for 80 and 2. This game is the key to my Vikings 0-16 prediction, I see it more like a 16-13 game.

I have about as much confidence in Ponder as I had in McNabb, he gets more credit per completion then any QB in the history of the NFL. Complete a pass in a tight spot once, thats what NFL QB's do.

Didn't see enough of the game to say Ponder figured anything out, but he did his job and AP was who he's supposed to be. If they win next week the word playoffs will be allowed by me.

#9 flpmagikat

flpmagikat

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

Man MN sports fans are a miserable bunch(not unlike most) Your team(presumably) wins and the best that can be said is that they wont go winless on the year. Not a vikes fan so its fairly hilarious listening to even the "diehards" and their perpetual torment by teams they dont have to cheet for.

#10 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

Second half looked a lot better - on both sides of the ball. It was nice to see them involve Rudolph a lot in the offense.

#11 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

That was a really awesome win, I can't believe they were able to come back with 20 secs left to tie it up!

The offense was garbage until they figured out that they just needed to keep feeding the ball to Percy and Peterson, this team certainly needs a solid WR2, but it is what it is. The defense still has issues in the secondary, but hopefully they can improve that as well.

Ponder had a solid game, maybe this team can win 6-7.

#12 fatbeer

fatbeer

Banned

• Banned
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

I kinda thought having only 20 seconds left with timeouts and Walsh not having a track record yet almost made it a sure thing that they would have a FG attempt (I thought they would have tried it from as far as 70). A kick return and two prevent defense completion will always get Walsh in his range.