Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Article: 2012 Rock Cats MVP: Aaron Hicks

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Twins Fan From Afar

Twins Fan From Afar

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...MVP-Aaron-Hicks
Andrew Walter
Twins Fan From Afar
Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
http://twinsfanfroma...gspot.com<br />Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

#2 YourHouseIsMyHouse

YourHouseIsMyHouse

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

Hicks is the best choice, but gotta give a lot of credit to Chris Collabello as a close 2nd. 98 RBI

#3 Forever34

Forever34

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

A couple years ago I remember seeing Hicks at #9 on the list of best prospects in all of baseball. Though I had read of his supposed 5 tool ability and knew he was a much heralded prospect it was hard to believe the hype when the guy was putting up pedestrian numbers in low A ball. Last season he put up less than exciting stats in Fort Meyers and I was all but set to write him off as someone who was never going to put it together and be what he was supposedly capable of being. Today I'm glad to admit I was wrong and look forward to seeing him roam the spacious grass of Target Field as soon as possible.

#4 stringer bell

stringer bell

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

A very nice season for a gifted athlete. It appears that Hicks has turned the corner and he should make his Target Field debut sometime in 2013. Hicks LH performance was very encouraging.

#5 Twins Fan From Afar

Twins Fan From Afar

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:56 AM

Thanks for the comments, guys. Colabello had a fantastic season, also. He was officially named the team's MVP, and it's hard to argue with the logic. He was remarkably consistent nearly all season, set the RBI record, and delivered a few big, big hits to tie/win games late.

Oh yea, and he is 28 and had never played affiliated baseball!!

RBIs being somewhat a team statistic, Colabello was definitely aided by having Hicks and Arcia on base at such a great rate.

Terry Ryan told Colabello a couple weeks ago (when Ryan was scouting for Sept. call-ups) that Colabello "was the glue that held the team together."

#6 Klochner

Klochner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

Hicks repeated A ball in Beloit, he only played one year in Ft. Myers.

#7 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,148 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

Yeah, he was supposed to go to Elizabethton that first year, but there was a need in Beloit so he was pushed a little too quickly.

#8 Twins Fan From Afar

Twins Fan From Afar

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

Yeah, he was supposed to go to Elizabethton that first year, but there was a need in Beloit so he was pushed a little too quickly.

Yep, good correction!
Andrew Walter
Twins Fan From Afar
Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
http://twinsfanfroma...gspot.com<br />Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

#9 wavedog

wavedog

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hicks season gives us fans some hope for the future and is much needed. Hope he keeps progressing. I remember another 5-tool #1 draft pick BJ Garbe? who never developed so that term 5-tool has been scarred ffrom that experience.

#10 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Low Life with Upside

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

Hicks season gives us fans some hope for the future and is much needed. Hope he keeps progressing. I remember another 5-tool #1 draft pick BJ Garbe? who never developed so that term 5-tool has been scarred ffrom that experience.

I guess the good thing about Hicks is that he has had good seasons in the minors and made some progress. 2011 was tough at Ft. Myers, but he was excellent in the AFL. BJ Garbe on the other hand, never had a good season or showed any progress in the minors.