Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Guy who took Santana's third cy young gets 50 game ban

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

http://www.mlbtrader...-drug-test.html

Too much testosterone in Mr. Colon. First a Giant and now an A, what's going on in the Bay area?

#2 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,355 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

You win in the thread title department.

#3 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

Victor Conte's recent well-timed comments gaining more and more credibility...

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=8289843

#4 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,355 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

Victor Conte's recent well-timed comments gaining more and more credibility...

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=8289843

From what I understand of the testing, it's a joke compared to some of the tests used by other sports and in particular, the IOC.

#5 LaBombo

LaBombo

• Members
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:13 AM

Bartolo Colon. I will never hear that name again without remembering Dave Wint-hoser's pathetic, submoronic cry for attention that was disguised as a defense of Colon (3.7 WAR) receiving the Cy instead of Santana (6.9 WAR). Easily the stupidest thing I've ever read on the internet.

#6 J-Dog Dungan

J-Dog Dungan

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

I thought one of the reasons that he left baseball in the first place was because he was suspected of doping? Or was he never suspected (until now, anyway)?

#7 SweetOne69

SweetOne69

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

Bartolo Colon. I will never hear that name again without remembering Dave Wint-hoser's pathetic, submoronic cry for attention that was disguised as a defense of Colon (3.7 WAR) receiving the Cy instead of Santana (6.9 WAR). Easily the stupidest thing I've ever read on the internet.

It's too bad that didn't realize that wins wasn't the most important factor when determining the Cy Young Winner until 2009.

The only stat that Colon beat Santana in was wins. Santana only had a 16 win season but he was 2nd in ERA, 1st in SO, WHIP and K/9.

#8 J-Dog Dungan

J-Dog Dungan

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

I think that year was one of the last where the people who choose the Cy Young did it by wins in the year. I mean, they gave AL Cy Youngs to King Felix and Greinke (who both deserved them, true enough) when they had mediocre records.

#9 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

• Members
  • 5,731 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

So failed drug tests are evidence that drug testing doesn't work? I'm confused as to how that works exactly....also, does anyone really think this has anything to do with the Bay? Colon was suspected before he moved out there.
Lighten up Francis....

#10 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

From what I understand of the testing, it's a joke compared to some of the tests used by other sports and in particular, the IOC.

Of course, you still have the NFL, which isn't testing yet... Didn't you know that athletes have a higher concentration of these things in their blood to begin with? They need to be graded on a curve :)