Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Perkins v Gleeman?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 257 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

I missed the Twitter exchange between Aaron Gleeman and Glen Perkins last night, but Aaron was kind enough to revisit it on Hard Ball Talk.

I like that Perkins responded. I like that Aaron insinuated Perkins is a nerd. I like it all.

#2 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

Perkins gave a nice shout out to Battle Your Tail Off when the site was shut down a few weeks ago, he will forever be ok in my book.

#3 drjim

drjim

• Members
  • 1,903 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

Aren't bloggers generally the same people who rip mainstream media for being too cushy with the athletes they cover and that it impacts their ability to be impartial in their coverage? For the record I don't have a problem with any of it and think its great that someone like Perkins interacts with fans in various ways, I just find it a little funny. I think Perkins is great as well when he is on Reusse and Mackey each week.
Papers...business papers.

#4 Nick Nelson

Nick Nelson

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

Aren't bloggers generally the same people who rip mainstream media for being too cushy with the athletes they cover and that it impacts their ability to be impartial in their coverage?

For the record I don't have a problem with any of it and think its great that someone like Perkins interacts with fans in various ways, I just find it a little funny. I think Perkins is great as well when he is on Reusse and Mackey each week.

Perkins has been excellent this year and last, which is basically the same time frame he's become involved in social media. When he starts becoming a liability and bloggers are still singing his praises, you'll have a point. Right now, you have none.

For the record, John had no problem saying (very falsely) at one point that Perkins was "not good this year." :D

#5 Highabove

Highabove

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

Im looking forward to a Nishioka exchange.

ブロガーはサック

Edited by Highabove, 24 July 2012 - 06:04 PM.

#6 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

Im looking forward to a Nishioka exchange.

ブロガーはサック

I'll be looking forward to his wife in Minnesota again...

#7 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

I'll be looking forward to his wife in Minnesota again...

Not if that means he'll be playing in a Twins uniform again.

#8 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,112 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

Since they got divorced last offseason, I doubt we'll be seeing the former Mrs. Nishioka in Minnesota any time soon, unless it is modeling.

#9 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

Since they got divorced last offseason, I doubt we'll be seeing the former Mrs. Nishioka in Minnesota any time soon, unless it is modeling.

Why do you know that?

#10 Highabove

Highabove

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

Is anyone going to Translate Nishi's first Tweet??? ブロガーはサック

#11 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

Are you absolutely sure that wasn't Mrs Nishioka we saw in a Twins uniform last summer?

#12 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:26 AM

Are you absolutely sure that wasn't Mrs Nishioka we saw in a Twins uniform last summer?

That would explain a whole lot.

#13 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,112 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:53 AM

Why do you know that?

Because I am one, pathetic loser... and it was pretty big news during the offseason.

#14 roger

roger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:42 AM

Was a tough year for Nishi, eh? Broken leg first week of the season followed by a disappointing return together with things going south in his personal life. All that going on while he was dealing with a new culture, language, etc. Glad to see him playing well since his return from the DL earlier this season.