Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Article: Monday Night in the Minors

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,190 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...t-in-the-Minors

#2 righty8383

righty8383

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

Honest mistake I'm sure, but you wrote Miguel Sano went 0-4 with 4 walks (instead of 4 strike outs).

#3 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

Last 4gms Miguel 0-17 w/10Ks ouch.

#4 clutterheart

clutterheart

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:06 PM

HI Seth Any Reports on how Wimmer's arm felt afterwards? Do we know if he got a 2nd opinion on his injury? (if not he should've) Also what happened to your podcasts? Did you stop doing that blog talk radio garbage? (I hope that site is impossible to figure out and finding archives are not easy)

#5 righty8383

righty8383

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:21 PM

If Wimmers injures his elbow in the near future and has to get TJ surgery I will not be surprised but I will be beyond upset with the Twins for delaying what seems inevidable.

#6 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,014 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

I have to really stop the hype on Sano at this point. This has actually become worrisome. BUT, here is my crazy thinking . . . what if the Twins just promoted him to Fort Myers now (roughly) anyway? A new environment again, getting him used to where he will be anyway next year, etc. etc. I really think that some of the psychological issues are lost on the Twins minor league adminstration. As a stud prospect starting new at some place the next year seems quite different than getting even one month in at that place ahead of time. you know? I hope the Twins are smart here and promote Sano and Rosario (when he is back soon) to Fort Myers (throw Anderson Hidalgo and Danny Santana up to NBR--as a make it or break it for Hidalgo and a welcome to 2013 for Santana).

#7 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,190 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:15 AM

Honest mistake I'm sure, but you wrote Miguel Sano went 0-4 with 4 walks (instead of 4 strike outs).

Thank you! I made that change... very different. Ha!

#8 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,190 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:21 AM

I have to really stop the hype on Sano at this point. This has actually become worrisome. BUT, here is my crazy thinking . . . what if the Twins just promoted him to Fort Myers now (roughly) anyway? A new environment again, getting him used to where he will be anyway next year, etc. etc. I really think that some of the psychological issues are lost on the Twins minor league adminstration. As a stud prospect starting new at some place the next year seems quite different than getting even one month in at that place ahead of time. you know? I hope the Twins are smart here and promote Sano and Rosario (when he is back soon) to Fort Myers (throw Anderson Hidalgo and Danny Santana up to NBR--as a make it or break it for Hidalgo and a welcome to 2013 for Santana).

I would say it's highly unlikely that Sano gets promoted to Ft. Myers for a month to end this season for a couple of reasons. 1.) It wouldn't help his strikeout situation, unless you just think that a new environment will be a cure-all. 2.) Beloit is in the playoffs at the end of the season, and Sano should play in that. Rosario too. 3.) The defense needs so much work. 4.) and probably most importantly, I will be going to Beloit for games Aug 2-5, so I don't want him to move up until at least August 6th... That's only a little selfish, right?

#9 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 4,457 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:45 AM

I don't get the promote Sano thing... everyone was on them for not doing it when he got off to a hot start (forgeting the whole SSS issues)... and they still say it even though he obviously has some things to work on. He's 19 and holding his own in that league. I woudln't be surprised in the least if he repeats it next season. He is taking a ton of walks to go with the Ks which tells me he's being pitched around to an extent... the fact that he's taking the walks is a good thing as I'm guessing he's letting a lot of called strikes go by... Time should cure some of this as he gets a better batters eye.