Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Article: Burroughs' Fairy Tale Ending

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...iry-Tale-Ending

#2 pekingman

pekingman

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

Good comments, but typo in 5th paragraph, wrong name: "Mackey asked Gardenhire about Burroughs..." (not Valencia)

#3 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

I would hope he is the 25th man (if he is decent or better in ST) instead of either an injured Hughes or AAA Nishioka. Good lord, if the Twins are willing to keep Matt Capps around in part because he is a "good guy," then you would think they would like making this a true feel-good story as well, right?

#4 jmlease1

jmlease1

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:18 AM

I liked the Burroughs signing from the start, but I am a little concerned that Gardy will use it as a way to bury a player he doesn't seem to like very much in Valencia. And while Danny V has some flaws, I feel like he got scapegoated a fair bit last season. That said, I would vastly prefer to carry Burroughs on the 25 man roster than Butera's useless bat or a 12th pitcher that will throw once every 10 days. This team needs to have LH & RH bats on the bench that can actually hit a little

#5 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

pekingman - Thanks. Ugh. Fixed.

#6 Chief

Chief

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

This team needs to have LH & RH bats on the bench that can actually hit a little

What is this? Sounds like some sort of fantasy land.

#7 biff27

biff27

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

I like this signing alot also, and for sean I hope it turns out that he makes the 20 man roster. If it comes down between him and luke Hughs,hughs does not have very good baseball sense and his arm leaves alot to be desired, and I think we saw enough of Nishi.

#8 biff27

biff27

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

um sorry 25 man roster,oops