Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Twolves making strong push for Gasol

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 edavis0308

edavis0308

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

Per Fox Sports homepage. Wolves are trying to offer D Williams. You have got to be kidding me. What is wrong with this franchise?

#2 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 4,919 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

I think it's brilliant. I mean, yeah, we have glaring holes at the 2 and 3 spots, but why not get a 33 year old who's best position is the 4? It's not like we have a ton of talent at the 4 right? In all seriousness, all the positive momentum this team has built with me could be crushed in one move if they do this. If you're going to move Williams at least target Iguodala or someone like that where we actually have a need at the position. This makes no friggin sense.

Edited by TheLeviathan, 29 June 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#3 Musk21

Musk21

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

Iguodala did just sell his house in Philly today and the Sixers drafted a SF.
If Twins can't re-sign Hunter, plans are to trade, sign a FA or go in-house to find a replacement.

#4 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

This move would make zero sense. Why not just sign Mayo and trade for a 3?

#5 FrodaddyG

FrodaddyG

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

If they want someone to hang with Rubio and speak Spanish, I'm willing to do it for a fraction of the $19M a year Gasol makes.

#6 killebrew

killebrew

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

Love Gasol Pek Rubio Budinger Barea Ridnour Hummell Only 4 roster spots left and the Wolves are pure!

#7 Fatt Crapps

Fatt Crapps

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

So the Twins and the T-pups are racist? Unreal.

#8 fatbeer

fatbeer

Banned

• Banned
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:30 AM

I know Gasol's age is a big deal, but if they think he can give you 2 good years I say do it. Williams is just going to be a guy in this league Gasol will give us one of the best front lines in the league. Then we easily get a good 2 guard to come here either as a free agent or in one of those silly trades that happen in the NBA. So in a lot of ways the trade ends up being Williams for the guard with the bonus of Gasol. Everyone says but then you lose to OKC if your lucky enough to ever face them in the playoffs, so basically the reason not to do this is because instead of not winning a championship they won't win a championship? This is there best chance ever, what did all the years with Garnett prior to sprewell get them? 52 wins here and 49 wins there is meaningless. Durant will be the favorite, but with Love Gasol and Peckovik along with Rubio and hopefully a Sprewell level guard it's not going to be very easy. I know I wasn't imagining this team being elite 3 or 4 years down the road. Go for it all now, and worry about it later, guys don't stay young for long. Either way we will be on the downslide sooner then we think.

#9 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 4,919 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

On the plus side....they're meeting with, and hopefully offering a contract to, Nick Batum. He would be absolutely perfect for this team. Great wing defender with great size who can knock down shots.