Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Wolves trade 18th pick to Rockets

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 edavis0308

edavis0308

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

What are people's opinion of this trade? Chase Buddinger and the rights to......that one guy... that I don't remember the name of.

#2 kydoty

kydoty

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:42 AM

I'm pretty sure that means the Wolves are leading the league in Caucasians.
 [/HR]"Mediocre breaking balls are a gift from God." - Kirby Puckett

#3 MasterBassist

MasterBassist

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

It means that Rick Adelman is the new GM of this team. He was not going to deal with another rookie and so surprise surprise, they get a guy Rick's familiar with. Buddinger is a solid player but this is a deep draft. There were some talented 2's in this draft that I wouldn't have minded having...mainly Rivers from Duke who could have fallen to us. Add to the fact that Buddinger is only under contract for one more year, just makes this is very meh trade. Go Albino Wolves...
As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown bottle in my shaving kit. You won't need much, just a tiny taste.

#4 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

I would've rather they went after Dorell Wright personally. Much better fit for this team. But if Adelman likes him, I'm cool with it. I like that Beasley in a sign-and-trade for Jordan Hill is bouncing around, but that likely means Derrick Williams is about to move too.

#5 Cody Christie

Cody Christie

Twins Contributor

• Twins Contributors
  • 675 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

Thought they would keep the pick but maybe they have another deal they will make to get back into the first round

#6 MasterBassist

MasterBassist

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:55 AM

Thought they would keep the pick but maybe they have another deal they will make to get back into the first round

I suppose you never know with Khan. Hopefully this signals the end of either DWill or Beasley because I've always viewed Buddinger as a 3.
As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown bottle in my shaving kit. You won't need much, just a tiny taste.

#7 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:01 AM

I like Budinger's stats - seems like a high percentage shooter, especially from outside. I choose to view his familiarity with Adelman to be a positive thing - maybe Adelman thinks of him as a diamond in the rough that has been stuck as a sixth man. Bottom line - it seems like he was a little underrated. I hope he can be a 2, but if he's a 3 who can shoot 3s from outside, I'm pretty happy with that, too. As for losing the 18th pick, I'm generally of the opinion that those lower round picks are awfully hit and miss. That's been especially true for the Wolves. And very few mock drafts had decent #2s falling that far, as near as I could tell.

#8 MasterBassist

MasterBassist

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:07 AM

I like Budinger's stats - seems like a high percentage shooter, especially from outside. I choose to view his familiarity with Adelman to be a positive thing - maybe Adelman thinks of him as a diamond in the rough that has been stuck as a sixth man. Bottom line - it seems like he was a little underrated. I hope he can be a 2, but if he's a 3 who can shoot 3s from outside, I'm pretty happy with that, too.

As for losing the 18th pick, I'm generally of the opinion that those lower round picks are awfully hit and miss. That's been especially true for the Wolves. And very few mock drafts had decent #2s falling that far, as near as I could tell.

Picks 2 through 5 are very hit and miss for the Wolves...mainly the latter. :cool:

Edited by MasterBassist, 27 June 2012 - 09:11 AM.

#9 freshinthehouse

freshinthehouse

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

As for losing the 18th pick, I'm generally of the opinion that those lower round picks are awfully hit and miss. That's been especially true for the Wolves. And very few mock drafts had decent #2s falling that far, as near as I could tell.

Yeah I think most of the twos that were once thought to be in that range (Rivers, Ross) have climbed out of their reach. It would be awful though if someone like Ross dropped and the Wolves didn't have that pick.

It hurts that Wolves don't have their 2nd rounder this year b/c their are some 2 guards available that have starter potential (Cunningham, English, that kid from Tennessee Tech).
BYTO R.I.P.

#10 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

Yeah I think most of the twos that were once thought to be in that range (Rivers, Ross) have climbed out of their reach. It would be awful though if someone like Ross dropped and the Wolves didn't have that pick.

It hurts that Wolves don't have their 2nd rounder this year b/c their are some 2 guards available that have starter potential (Cunningham, English, that kid from Tennessee Tech).

The Wolves have a second rounder, just not their own. It's #58, so it'd be taking a flyer on a high-upside guy or getting a bench filler, but picks that low have turned in solid careers in the past, so it's not impossible.
Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

#11 freshinthehouse

freshinthehouse

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

I did not know that. I was thinking of their #40 pick, which i think Portland ended up with.
BYTO R.I.P.