Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Spring Training - Who's going and when?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Crikket

Jim Crikket

• Members
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:34 PM

Just thought this might be a good forum for finding out who all is heading to Ft Myers and when. Looks like I'm going down late. March 28-Apr 3. Anyone else?
I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

#2 Parker Hageman

Parker Hageman

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

Jim -- I'll be down from the 26-29.

#3 Nicholas Mueller

Nicholas Mueller

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

I'm going March 5-12.

#4 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,197 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

Late March but not sure of the dates yet.

#5 NHDadUmp

NHDadUmp

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

3/2-3/13. Can't wait!

#6 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 6,805 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

I won't be able to make it this year, so hopefully again next year. Going to minor league camp, even just for a day+ was awesome! Oh, and big league camp is cool too!

#7 Topperanton

Topperanton

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

I'm looking at being there March 24 - April 2. Not settled on the dates yet. Seth, bummer you can't make it this year, last year was great!

#8 snowgurl

snowgurl

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

March 15-20!! Last year I did the last week. Two years ago I did the first week. I think I actually enjoy the off days and B games even more than the A games. I can't wait!! We'll be at the Crowne Plaza. Where does everybody else stay?

#9 Steve Lein

Steve Lein

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

I'll be there from March 20th to the 27th. We're staying in Fort Myers Beach, which is way cooler than Fort Myers, FYI q;)
Scouting Report: Tools - Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)
Spring Training Regular since 2011.

#10 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

18th to the 20th.

#11 BK432

BK432

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

First time in a few years that I won't be there :( It's truly killing me....will be watching a ton of games on FSN I guess.

#12 Kirsten Brown

Kirsten Brown

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

March 10 - 17. Can't wait.

#13 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

Mar 1-6. Have tix for the games on 3 and 5 Mar. First trip ever to spring training...cross another one off my bucket list.

#14 davidjcampbell

davidjcampbell

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

I can't go this year, but I went last year. We stayed in Fort Meyers Beach to do baseball AND beach. Fort Meyers Beach was good as long as you do not try to go anywhere - the traffic was horrendous!

#15 Ruth

Ruth

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

I'll be there March 10-19, staying at the Fairfield Inn. They have a nice spring training package with coupons to use at the concessions at Hammond Stadium. Does anybody know when minor league camp opens? It's always fun to check out the prospects. Be sure to take a copy of Seth's Prospect Handbook!

#16 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,197 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

Does anybody know when minor league camp opens? It's always fun to check out the prospects. Be sure to take a copy of Seth's Prospect Handbook!

Minor league "Camp" is well underway as well now. Lots of minor league players have been reporting. In the second week of March they will start playing games and they will start practices at the practice fields way before that... So you will see them all
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#17 Ben Collin

Ben Collin

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

I still haven't had a chance to get down there, maybe next year. If you're wondering about how nice the weather will be, I added the Grapefruit League to http://bleacherweather.com. Looks mostly sunny with a chance of sunburn.

#18 Cody Christie

Cody Christie

Twins Contributor

• Twins Contributors
  • 624 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:03 AM

I'm going to visit my grandparents in Arizona so I won't be seeing the Twins. I am planning on going to a Royals/Giants game as well as making a few other stops at practices for different teams. Maybe I will stop in and visit Cuddy with his new team.