Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

2nd Half Promotions

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Database Manager

• Twins Database Managers
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

Oswaldo Arcia and Dan Sattler were promoted from Fort Myers to New Britain yesterday. Today, we've learned of three transactions so far: Bobby Lanigan and Caleb Thielbar from New Britain to Rochester and (as expected) Michael Tonkin from Beloit to Fort Myers. These moves put the Red Wings at 25 and leave the Rockcats at 23. The Miracle is at their limit, but the Snappers are short one player. (Cole Johnson, anybody?)

#2 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

what were the corresponding ROC moves as they were 25 active players before the 2 moves?? that includes the promotion of Steve Hirschfield 2 days ago.

#3 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Database Manager

• 2,035 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

My bad. 27, not 25.

#4 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,003 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

Carlos Gutierrez to the DL... reports from Rochester indicate he was sitting 88-91 with the fastball. Something wasn't right. The second one is Lester Oliveros to the DL... this one was more surprising. he was throwing pretty well in his appearance with the Twins.

#5 IdahoPilgrim

IdahoPilgrim

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

That leaves New Britain with only 10 pitchers. Wonder who they'll promote from Fort Myers - Watts? Fuentes?

#6 Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

• Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

Carlos Gutierrez to the DL... reports from Rochester indicate he was sitting 88-91 with the fastball. Something wasn't right.

The second one is Lester Oliveros to the DL... this one was more surprising. he was throwing pretty well in his appearance with the Twins.

Gutierrez continues to struggle. Disappointing for him.

#7 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

Carlos Gutierrez to the DL... reports from Rochester indicate he was sitting 88-91 with the fastball. Something wasn't right.

The second one is Lester Oliveros to the DL... this one was more surprising. he was throwing pretty well in his appearance with the Twins.

Seth, you're more connected. How often do the minor league teams fake an injury to create spots?
I know players are DLd at start of season to reamain with team till a roster spot opens but I have doubts Lester is hurt.

#8 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,003 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

Edgar Ibarra to New Britain.

#9 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,003 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

Carlos Gutierrez's injury is listed as "Right Shoulder." Lester Oliveros's injury is listed as "Right Elbow."

#10 Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

• Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

Saw a note from an article passed on by a friend that Buxton expected to debut Saturday or Monday.

#11 TKGuy

TKGuy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

No Pat Dean? Let's move him up and see if we have anything with him

#12 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,003 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

Saw a note from an article passed on by a friend that Buxton expected to debut Saturday or Monday.

That would match up with Jim Rantz's comments about 4-5 games before he'd play.

#13 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,003 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

more moves today, a trickle down effect due to the promotion of tyler robertson. Luis Perdomo up to Rochester. Dakota Watts to New Britain. AJ Achter to Ft. Myers.

#14 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,003 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

Dan Sattler to Rochester. Marty Popham to New Britain. Dallas Gallant to Beloit.

#15 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

Another couple promotions due to age.....not performance interesting that the 2 former StPaul Saints moved to AAA very fast

#16 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,003 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

Gallant definitely deserved it based on performance. He was just held back in EST/ET because he had Tommy John a year ago.

#17 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,207 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

Another couple promotions due to age.....not performance
interesting that the 2 former StPaul Saints moved to AAA very fast

Well... AAA is the repository of never have beens for the Twins :) No surprise there... I am not even surprised that the former manager's son (27 year old Shawn Roof) is still with the team at AA instead of getting a kid from Fort Myers there or that 24 year old Liddle's nephew is in Beloit instead of some kids who are currently in E-town (like DJ Hicks for example...) But that's the Twins' way.
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#18 60ft6in

60ft6in

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

I heard Wickens and Evans to Beloit as well.....

#19 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,207 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

Fort Myers Miracle released 3B Jairo Perez today and the New Britain Rock Cats release 1B Matt Rizzotti earlier this week

Edited by Thrylos, 06 July 2012 - 03:19 PM.

-----

#20 IdahoPilgrim

IdahoPilgrim

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:36 PM

Fort Myers Miracle released 3B Jairo Perez today and the New Britain Rock Cats release 1B Matt Rizzotti earlier this week

Making way for a Sano promotion?

#21 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,207 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

Making way for a Sano promotion?

Apparently he (Sano) is not in the lineup tonight... let's start rumors ;)

I am not sure what is going on with Perez, but this seems to be more complicated that what it is. He has been playing really well recently. Something is going on...
-----

#22 TheBaseballGeek

TheBaseballGeek

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

I'd guess that would mean a Sano promotion will be coming pretty soon. Just listened to the Miracle radio guys who kind of alluded to such, saying that Sano + the flexibility of Leer meant there wasn't a lot of room for Perez.

#23 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Database Manager

• 2,035 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

I'd guess that would mean a Sano promotion will be coming pretty soon. Just listened to the Miracle radio guys who kind of alluded to such, saying that Sano + the flexibility of Leer meant there wasn't a lot of room for Perez.

He's out with a quad injury. And he's been brutal. There is no chance, wait... there is a 1% chance he gets promoted.

Until I hear something more concrete, I'm gonna go with his release being due to "non-baseball" reasons.

#24 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:55 PM

Perez released....wow. Hope you guys with more connections can find out the story behind this. He musta kept trying to pull the ball instead of goin the other way........something like that. 24yrs old & .284/.339/.402 since May 1 in 45gms w/6doubles 4hr 23rbi 17k 14bb.......pretty solid numbers to be waived, must be bad.

Edited by greengoblinrulz, 06 July 2012 - 09:00 PM.

#25 TheBaseballGeek

TheBaseballGeek

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

He's out with a quad injury. And he's been brutal. There is no chance, wait... there is a 1% chance he gets promoted.

Until I hear something more concrete, I'm gonna go with his release being due to "non-baseball" reasons.

Good point. I had forgotten about his injury, though the suggestion of promoting him wasn't intended to mean right away. I should've clarified that.

Wasn't real sure I bought the whole "No room for him" line anyway. There should always be room for a guy like that, especially in that lineup.

#26 Highabove

Highabove

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

Theilbar has been with Rochester for a while. He's doing very well, does need to bring the walks down. A story in the making for the former Saint?

#27 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

Want to know more about the Perez situation. That must mean some sort of "he's a total jerk" thing, right?

#28 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,207 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

Snappers added LHP Steven Evans, RHP Dallas Gallant, & SS Stephen Wickens, Twins release LHP Bart Carter
-----

#29 IdahoPilgrim

IdahoPilgrim

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

Not a promotion but another transaction: Joe Benson is moved to Fort Myers. I would assume this is similar to what they did with Ramirez when he came off of injury - leave him in Fort Myers for a while (longer than a normal rehab stint) and then eventually move him back up to AA.

#30 dougg13

dougg13

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

Me and my son watched Beloit play in Clinton on Friday night. Before the game I asked Manager Prada if Sano was going to play (the main reason we drove down to Iowa), he said Sano would be back in the line-up Saturday evening, and nothing was wrong with him, just rest, long hot season.