Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Did y'all do something or is Internet exploder just messing up with this site?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,224 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

I don't know whether there was an upgrade here but IE (latest version) has a hard time displaying threads (textboxes appear in every comment). That was not there with IE a couple days ago. (I swear). Firefox is fine. Not a big deal, but letting y'all know.
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#2 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

I don't know whether there was an upgrade here but IE (latest version) has a hard time displaying threads (textboxes appear in every comment). That was not there with IE a couple days ago. (I swear). Firefox is fine. Not a big deal, but letting y'all know.

Text boxes? Do you mean ads? Or something else?

#3 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,224 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

Text boxes? Do you mean ads? Or something else?

Nah. no ads
I mean "text boxes" in the good old (Gee been 20 years now) definition of a text box in html. Like height and width bars appearing within each reply. Suspect that it has to do with some "element" def in the exploder that is not yet up to snuff...
-----

#4 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,224 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

And now that I am thinking about it, might be because of the ads ;) Like an option of ads appearing on each reply or something. Really. Check it out on exploder. 'Tis trippy ;)
-----

#5 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,494 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:51 AM

And now that I am thinking about it, might be because of the ads ;) Like an option of ads appearing on each reply or something. Really. Check it out on exploder. 'Tis trippy ;)

What version of IE are you using? I've checked it in both IE8 and 9... Don't see anything strange about the ads on the right.

#6 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,494 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

Nah. no ads
I mean "text boxes" in the good old (Gee been 20 years now) definition of a text box in html. Like height and width bars appearing within each reply. Suspect that it has to do with some "element" def in the exploder that is not yet up to snuff...

I see what you're talking about now... Are you using IE7? If so, is there any way you can upgrade the browser? IE7 is used by well under 5% of our users... I'd like to convince people to upgrade if possible. It's a really terrible browser. Here's the link to the IE8 download (or even better, switch to Firefox or Chrome if possible):

http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=43

#7 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,224 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:59 AM

I am using IE 9.0.8xxx on Vista
-----

#8 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,494 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

I am using IE 9.0.8xxx on Vista

Well, that's certainly interesting. I cannot get it to replicate the error using IE9 under Win7. Anyone else having problems?

#9 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,279 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

Me, but I'm still on IE7 and can't get this computer to go to IE9.

#10 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,052 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

People still use IE?

#11 edavis0308

edavis0308

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

Rocketpig, I have the same problem when I use the site at work. I thinks its Vista. Can't update work computers. EDIT: It's Windows XP. Whatever. I knew it was one of the crappy old versions.

Edited by edavis0308, 21 June 2012 - 07:29 AM.

#12 edavis0308

edavis0308

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

Upon plunking around on TD a bit further while at work, I have to agree here that the text boxes are proving to be a huge headache trying to navigate through any threads. One in every 5 or so replies will also contain a video link advertisement, which is throwing stuff out of whack even more. This only became a problem in the past couple days.

#13 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,494 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

Upon plunking around on TD a bit further while at work, I have to agree here that the text boxes are proving to be a huge headache trying to navigate through any threads. One in every 5 or so replies will also contain a video link advertisement, which is throwing stuff out of whack even more. This only became a problem in the past couple days.

Is the video auto-playing with sound? If so, I certainly want to know immediately. That is a huge no-no in my opinion.

Each person is delivered individual ads based on what the network feels is appropriate for you. I haven't seen any video yet so if you could keep me in the loop here, I'd appreciate it.

#14 edavis0308

edavis0308

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

Is the video auto-playing with sound? If so, I certainly want to know immediately. That is a huge no-no in my opinion.

Each person is delivered individual ads based on what the network feels is appropriate for you. I haven't seen any video yet so if you could keep me in the loop here, I'd appreciate it.

There does not appear to be sound, but each of them auto plays. I currently have two of them going in this thread alone... With the text boxes on each reply to the thread.

#15 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,494 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

There does not appear to be sound, but each of them auto plays. I currently have two of them going in this thread alone... With the text boxes on each reply to the thread.

Good to know. I'm going to try booting the site on different computers and see what kind of ad results I get. Apparently, the site thinks I'm unemployed (technically, I guess I am) and almost exclusively delivers me Monster.com advertisements.

What browser are you using, BTW? Type and version.

#16 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,494 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

Okay, I booted it up on another computer. I see what you're saying... It plays sound-less video. Not my favorite thing in the world but not terribly annoying, either. I'll check with the TwinsCentric guys and get their opinions.

#17 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,224 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

Not sure what you did today, but it is fixed. Bravo! :cool:
-----

#18 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,494 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

Not sure what you did today, but it is fixed. Bravo! :cool:

Good. At some point today, I contemplated just pounding my head on the keyboard in hopes that I'd trigger the "enough monkeys at enough keyboards and you'll get Shakespeare" theory into reality.