Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Just got to point out....

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 spideyo

spideyo

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

Jeff Gray was the only pitcher tonight who didn't give up a run. He inherited two runners, neither of which scored. He looked a lot better out there than Liriano or Swarzak (I missed Perkins since I was at the game tonight and the little one hit her breaking point in the bottom of the 8th) Also, while Plouffe's two walks were nice, his avg is now .103. .103!!!!! Why the hell did we keep him over Hughes, Burroughs, Thomas, and Revere? And now somebody is yelling we should send Parmelee back to AAA? Right now, Butera is more valuable to have then Plouffe, because at least he has one thing he is good at.

#2 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

Jeff Gray was the only pitcher tonight who didn't give up a run. He inherited two runners, neither of which scored. He looked a lot better out there than Liriano or Swarzak (I missed Perkins since I was at the game tonight and the little one hit her breaking point in the bottom of the 8th)

Also, while Plouffe's two walks were nice, his avg is now .103. .103!!!!! Why the hell did we keep him over Hughes, Burroughs, Thomas, and Revere? And now somebody is yelling we should send Parmelee back to AAA? Right now, Butera is more valuable to have then Plouffe, because at least he has one thing he is good at.

Nobody's yelling Plouffe shouldn't be sent back to AAA, it has nothing to do with Parmelee.

#3 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

Nobody's yelling Plouffe shouldn't be sent back to AAA, it has nothing to do with Parmelee.

Plouffe is out of options? If so, would anyone claim him? If not, I would agree that he should be sent down based on batting .103.

#4 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 8,792 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:04 PM

I think Plouffe should be sent to Beloit. Because Plouffe and Beloit are both sounds made when you drop a quarter in the toilet. PLOUFFE BELOIT i typed that joke before and it got nowhere... It's a good joke and some one will acknowledge it this time.

#5 Highabove

Highabove

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

I acknowledge the joke now lets get back to more pressing issues such as Jeff Gray.

Edited by Highabove, 08 May 2012 - 03:17 AM.

#6 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:14 PM

I knowledge the joke

now lets get back to more pressing issues such as Jeff Gray.

Gray looked pretty good to me tonight.

#7 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:03 AM

I think Plouffe should be sent to Beloit. Because Plouffe and Beloit are both sounds made when you drop a quarter in the toilet.

PLOUFFE BELOIT

i typed that joke before and it got nowhere... It's a good joke and some one will acknowledge it this time.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA .......................HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA....................WHAH HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's gold.

#8 gil4

gil4

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA .......................HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA....................WHAH HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's gold.

We need to get AshburyJohn over here from that other thread so we debate whether this is satire or sarcasm. (I vote satire.)

#9 Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

• Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

Let Gray get some good innings in, and find a taker sooner than later for a trade.

#10 Gernzy

Gernzy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

Sadly our bullpen is the best part of this team right now. They gave up a few runs tonight, but normally they are pretty solid. Remember when we all said they were going to kill us? Funny story...
I bent my wookie...