Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (7/2): Single Short of the Cycle

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:18 PM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...rt-of-the-Cycle

#2 benji21

benji21

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:49 AM

That's encouraging from young Mr. Thorpe. Hes been improving in each start. So, who's dog did the Red Wings kick to get black balled from the all star game?!?!

#3 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:47 AM

Yeah, I don't get it. They're all pitching well, well enough that one could/should make it.

#4 jaimedude2

jaimedude2

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:58 PM

With so many regulars struggling you would think now would be the opportune time to give Romero a chance at third base.
Plouffe is hitting 241 and striking out a lot. It's not like he lights it up at third base with his defense either. I know Romero has been struggling with some defensive issues himself at AAA but he is one of the few guys in the organization that is hitting the ball for average and power, leads Rochester in doubles and home runs. They the GM and manager once really liked this kids bat. Any ideas why he has fallen so far out of favor. Sano seems to be the air apparent eventually at third base and with Arcia struggling in right field to do anything but strike out you would think they would want to get a start on

Plouffe playing left field or right field. They have a couple 40 man spots they could open up with Fryer or Florimon getting out righted off the 40 man and not likely to get claimed by anyone. Why not take a chance on a guy like Romero, he is 27 and still seems to have some upside in his offense at least?

#5 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 4,457 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

With so many regulars struggling you would think now would be the opportune time to give Romero a chance at third base.
Plouffe is hitting 241 and striking out a lot. It's not like he lights it up at third base with his defense either. I know Romero has been struggling with some defensive issues himself at AAA but he is one of the few guys in the organization that is hitting the ball for average and power, leads Rochester in doubles and home runs. They the GM and manager once really liked this kids bat. Any ideas why he has fallen so far out of favor. Sano seems to be the air apparent eventually at third base and with Arcia struggling in right field to do anything but strike out you would think they would want to get a start on

Plouffe playing left field or right field. They have a couple 40 man spots they could open up with Fryer or Florimon getting out righted off the 40 man and not likely to get claimed by anyone. Why not take a chance on a guy like Romero, he is 27 and still seems to have some upside in his offense at least?

Given the injuries, I'm a bit surprised this hasn't happened already... It's one way to get rid of Gardy's fascination for no hit all glove guys... Though I don't think Ryan wants to get in the habit of ticking off his manager either.

#6 Pitz

Pitz

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

That's encouraging from young Mr. Thorpe. Hes been improving in each start. So, who's dog did the Red Wings kick to get black balled from the all star game?!?!

His fellow Aussie is having a decent outing himself tonight for E-town. Through 5 IP, Gibbons has 11 K's and scattered three singles