Okay, Brian ... give us something ... anything ... it will be appreciated!
Here' something... In Alaska a 180 pound Bear crashed through a skylight and ate the cupcakes they had out of their child's birthday party. It actually happened... I just read it in the paper. I'm wondering how they knew the Bear was 180 pounds? Did the bear weigh itself on the bathroom scale after eating the cupcakes? If so... It was probably a female bear.
Things to think about:
1. Uncle -- I didn't see the game last night and I won't get to watch today either. I wish I could comment about what I'm not seeing but I can't comment on what I'm not seeing because I didn't see it. I just know... the team has to start stringing some W's together and they kinda gotta start NOW!!!
2. Yu Darvish -- It's disappointing to be shut out for 7 plus by Nick Tepesch when the Twins need to start winning some games... And now the Twins are looking at you... I mean... Yu. These are team moments in the course of a season. Yu play them one at a time and Yu take them as they come. But... With You on deck... Yu kinda need to take it to someone named Tepesch when tomorrow is all about You. Things haven't been fantastic for you. You has been touched for 4 runs in 3 out of the past 4 starts. Is You vulnerable? I hope so... Because as a team Yu have put yourself in position that you will have to be vulnerable because Yu need the win... Both Yu and You are in a tough spot. In the end... it comes down to U.
3. Pedro Florimon -- When Pedro was merely hitting .219 and .221... I was never that worried about it. I knew .219 and .221 meant that were times when Pedro Florimon would help the team win a game. However... when you start talking about .093 batting average over 75 at bats... Then you are talking about rare air. I realize that the infield sky came crashing down on your head but .093 makes Butera look like Mel Ott. I'm not sure why I typed Mel Ott... His name just jumped out of my fingers but you all get the point. I will defend Pedro and his defense at .219. Nobody can defend .093. I totally get it that Polanco is here as much needed insurance. He's on the 40 man so nobody has to be kicked out to call up a non 40 man guy. I understand that he's going back as soon as Plouffe is ready... I get it and I support it... But my goodness... 75 at bats and a .093 batting average. Let's be clear... we are talking about history for a non-pitcher. I think it's Ok to play your 3 day insurance policy instead.
4. Phil Hughes -- Is starting today... About the worst thing that could happen is for Phil to spit the bit today. It's Yu vs. Hughes!!! Hughes is Yu plural!!!
5. Class Reunion -- I had a good time catching up with old classmates last night and look forward to doing so again tonight. My wife couldn't make it but she asked... How was it? I thought I'd come up with something funny to say... I said... "It was 50 shades of Grey"... Then she started wondering exactly what the hell went on.
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 28 June 2014 - 02:05 PM.