Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/26): Nick Gordon Continues to Hit!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Eric R Pleiss

Eric R Pleiss

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:37 AM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...ntinues-to-Hit!

#2 Eric R Pleiss

Eric R Pleiss

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:59 AM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...ntinues-to-Hit!

#3 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,252 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:05 AM

Not a bad debut for Tanner English. He didn't like school anyway!

Amaurys Minier went 2-2 with a walk, was hit by a pitch and had a double.

#4 Lonestar

Lonestar

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:15 AM

Hicks hit his HR off an RHP

#5 twinssouth

twinssouth

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:14 AM

I thought Mays was scheduled to pitch last night

#6 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,796 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:11 AM

I thought Mays was scheduled to pitch last night

Roc. had a rain out on Wednesday night.

#7 halfchest

halfchest

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

Two thoughts,

Kris Johnson gets the next call to start for the Twins next time through if Deduno doesn't hold it down on Monday?

Nick Gordon - nice start, love that he has only 4 K's in 31 AB's Hate that there's only 1 BB. If he continues to hit what are the chances he follows the Buxton track and ends the year in Cedar Rapids? I just mean the Buxton track for his first year not getting too far ahead of myself here.

#8 Eric R Pleiss

Eric R Pleiss

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:50 AM

Two thoughts,

Kris Johnson gets the next call to start for the Twins next time through if Deduno doesn't hold it down on Monday?

Nick Gordon - nice start, love that he has only 4 K's in 31 AB's Hate that there's only 1 BB. If he continues to hit what are the chances he follows the Buxton track and ends the year in Cedar Rapids? I just mean the Buxton track for his first year not getting too far ahead of myself here.

That's a long way to go for a HS guy, but if the Twins were confident putting him in ETown, if he continues to hit, he certainly could spend a month in Cedar Rapids to close out the year.

#9 gil4

gil4

• Members
  • 594 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:11 AM

Hicks hit his HR off an RHP

Is he still exclusively hitting right-handed? His MiLB.com page does say Bats: R Throws: R, but I also remember hearing that he came to bat left-handed ate least once since he came off the DL.

#10 Lakeside

Lakeside

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:29 AM

Excited for Mark Hamburger's start tonight. I'm from Minnesota and have followed Hamburger since his HS days in Mounds View. Great story. . . signed at a try-out camp. . he's been in the Bigs. . released. . .caught on with the St. Paul Saints. . .resigned by Twins. . . don't count him out someday being in the rotation. He's a recovering alcoholic and we are all pulling for him. Here is a great interview with him about his situation as given during his time with the Saints last year before theTwins re-signed him.

http://www.1500espn...._drug_use052213

#11 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

Roc. had a rain out on Wednesday night.

I assume the article's listing Gilmartin as probable starter for today is incorrect, then? May tonight, then Gilmartin tomorrow?

#12 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

Two thoughts,

If Pino slots back into Rochester's rotation Monday, they would have to flexibility to promote just about anyone after that for a Saturday July 5th MLB start. FWIW, Darnell would be on 10 days by that Saturday, Johnson 8, and May 7 (plus Meyer 5).

Gordon is ahead of Buxton by virtue of going straight to Elizabethton, but neither Buxton nor Mauer advanced to A ball in their draft (half) seasons. Would be very surprising for a HS player.

#13 troyhobbs

troyhobbs

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

Two thoughts,

I don't think Buxton ended his 1st year in CR, Gordon is probably off to a better start actually. Speaking of Buxton, what's up with his nagging wrist injury? He's going to fit in well around here.

#14 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

yeah, Buxton's numbers were rather unimpressive in rookie ball. He got off to a real slow start in the GCL before going on a nice run and getting promoted to the Appy... He did OK in the appy, but nothing special.