Okay ... time for Brian's thoughts ... please wait patiently. He doesn't like impatience. I found that out and was called out for it. So please be patient.
I scream C'MON!!! at the Microwave... I don't have all second.
Things to Think About:
1. Garrett Richards -- Another local boy from Riverside California... Kinda Local anyway... Riverside is just down the road from Anaheim part of Southern California Region called the Inland Empire. Which is a grandiose term for Citrus Trees in the shadow of the City of Angels. He's 26 years old and was undrafted out of high school but he went on to play ball for the University of Oklahoma and became a pitcher worthy of a 42nd pick overall in the 2009 draft. He made his MLB Debut in 2011 and got hit around for awhile but has just gotten a little better each year until the light switch came on this year. Here we are in 2014 and he's become a top notch starter with a 2.55 ERA. I haven't seen him throw this year... I've only seen him unimpressively in years past. Based on his current numbers... It's obvious that he has been to the crossroads and sold his soul to the devil.
2. 7R/2IP -- I think we expected that Kyle Gibson's scoreless inning streak would come to an end sooner rather than later... However... I can't say that I expected to blow up in his hand like he forgot to throw the hand grenade after pulling the pin.
3. Finally a Home Run -- We've been waiting for Kendrys Morales to a hit a home run in a Twins uniform and yesterday he delivered. I think he was waiting on purpose for his trip to Anaheim to deliver it in front of his ex-employers. So therefore... I think he has another one in him tonight.
4. College World Series -- I'm gonna have to watch Vanderbilt vs. Virginia because it's historic... I think it's the first time that two colleges that start with the letter "V" have ever competed for a baseball championship. No I didn't research it... I'm just assuming.
5. Sleep -- As someone who lives in the Central Time Zone... I can't figure out who bugs me more... People who live in the Eastern Time Zone of the Pacific Time Zone. The people in the eastern time zone always schedule conference calls for 1PM local time and therefore I'm giving up my lunch. However... The West Coast... And these games ending at 12 Midnight Central time is a pain for an old guy like me. I bring this up because I fell asleep last night with the game on... I woke up... the game was over and my son was sitting on the coach laughing at me. "Couldn't make it through to the end of the game... Could Ya Dad". I guess I'm gonna have to have a late night cup of coffee tonight. Or... a Red Bull or something. .
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 25 June 2014 - 05:12 PM.