Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Encouraging News About Buxton?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stringer bell

stringer bell

Old Guy

• Twins News Team
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:25 PM

Terry Ryan reports that Buxton is progressing and has a timetable for return, although he didn't reveal it. I put a question mark on this new thread because until he starts playing again, I personally won't be relieved until he is playing in games.

http://www.twincitie...ssing-ryan-says

Let's hope he is playing in games soon!

#2 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,796 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:59 PM

[QUOTE]Buxton still isn't able to take batting practice, but Ryan said the former No. 2 overall draft pick had progressed to dry swings and tee work in addition to taking fly balls in the outfield.[/QUOTE]

I guess Doogie Wolfson's source was a wee bit optimistic- when Doogie tweeted 10 days ago that Buxton was "very close to taking live BP". It looks like the Twins are being very, very cautious...and leaving a ? in the headline was wise, stringer. This obviously was a fairly serious, even if only nagging injury, and I don't like the equivocation about the dreaded "S" word:

[QUOTE]Ryan said there is no organizational fear surgery will ultimately be needed.[/QUOTE]

It's great that Terry Ryan is on the record and willing to finally put some optimistic news on the table, but talks of previously blown up timetables and the lack of a more adamant "NO" to the possibility of surgery means we all will have to keep our fingers crossed a little while longer.

Buried inside on a bullet point (which shows those rules for All Star games and offseason leagues rosters are highly flexible):

[QUOTE]

The Twins haven't ruled out sending a third prospect to the Futures Game on July 13 at Target Field. Several injuries to other players selected could open the door for someone like Triple-A Rochester right-hander Trevor May.
[/QUOTE]

#3 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Database Manager

• Twins Database Managers
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:15 PM

Correa (a shortstop for the World Team) won't be playing... and they only have one 2B. Could that open up a spot for Jorge Polanco, potentially?

As for the US team needing a pitcher, I'd rather see Stewart than May. Seeing May means he's in the minors for another month.

#4 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

I always wondered what a time table looked like.

This?

https://encrypted-tb...b163X54J5eWdd4U