Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/13): Meyer Exits Early

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Lein

Steve Lein

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:05 AM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...yer-Exits-Early
Scouting Report: Tools - Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)
Spring Training Regular since 2011.

#2 Steve Lein

Steve Lein

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:09 AM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...yer-Exits-Early
Scouting Report: Tools - Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)
Spring Training Regular since 2011.

#3 AM.

AM.

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:14 AM

Any word / reason for the early exit by Meyer?

#4 Smcginnity

Smcginnity

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:33 AM

There are some under the radar guys that I keep seeing pop up in the box scores of these reports. The first one and most impressive has been Todd Van Steensel. This guy seems to be a stud. Jason Kanzler and Ryan Walker are the others I keep seeing. These may be some quality prospects in a couple years.

#5 twinsfaninsaudi

twinsfaninsaudi

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:44 AM

So Meyer DIDN'T early due to injury?

#6 raindog

raindog

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:07 AM

Geeze, that's a scary headline. Might want to clarify that.

#7 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 3,624 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:51 PM

I'd think we would have heard about an injury if there was one, but 55 pitches after 2 innings sounds suspicious to me. No one wants to give up 3 ER in 2 innings, but it seems pretty rare to remove a guy because of that. Plenty of guys give up 3 ER in the first two innings and end up looking respectable when their final line is 3ER after 6 innings.

#8 Steve Lein

Steve Lein

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

Just a lot of pitches early in the game. It's my opinion a lot of pitches per inning, is much worse than high pitch counts for a game. "Chased" probably would have been a much better word, haha. Sorry for any heart attacks!

#9 Steve Lein

Steve Lein

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

There are some under the radar guys that I keep seeing pop up in the box scores of these reports. The first one and most impressive has been Todd Van Steensel. This guy seems to be a stud. Jason Kanzler and Ryan Walker are the others I keep seeing. These may be some quality prospects in a couple years.

Van Steensel is getting a second chance with the organization, this time as a reliever. He has definitely looked good so far!