Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Reusse's Rant

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 stringer bell

stringer bell

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:00 PM

Patrick, ever the contrarian, argues that we fans shouldn't be griping about signing Morales. I pretty much agree.

http://www.startribu.../262321031.html

Does anyone know when we can expert to see Morales actually playing?

#2 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Queen.

• Twins Moderators
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:18 PM

They said that they would watch his BP and when he's ready, he's ready. So who knows?

#3 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

I wasn't sure who Reusse might be writing this article for until I read the comments section on the Star Trib site. Whew.

#4 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:45 PM

Reusse and Dan Barreiro drive me crazy with this crap. 10% of fans complain about a topic like this and these guys have to complain about the complaining.

Wow, so damn sorry that you can't get 100% agreement among fans. Some people will complain about anything, why is that news? Others may have concerns about Pinto's playing time or a Vargas promotion. So what? This is the small minority, stop complaining about the complainers. They will always be there, and frankly, this kind of makes you one of them.

#5 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

I wasn't sure who Reusse might be writing this article for until I read the comments section on the Star Trib site. Whew.

That's a lively bunch of commentors! Not many that I'd be inclined to have a baseball conversation with.

#6 Twins Fan From Afar

Twins Fan From Afar

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:59 PM

That's a lively bunch of commentors! Not many that I'd be inclined to have a baseball conversation with.

I'm trying to remember -- how does that old saying go??
Oh yea...
#DontReadTheComments

Unbelievable. Makes me glad (as always) for TwinsDaily.
Andrew Walter
Twins Fan From Afar
Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
http://twinsfanfroma...gspot.com<br />Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

#7 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Elizabethton (with Chief)

• Members
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

Reusse and Dan Barreiro drive me crazy with this crap. 10% of fans complain about a topic like this and these guys have to complain about the complaining.

Wow, so damn sorry that you can't get 100% agreement among fans. Some people will complain about anything, why is that news? Others may have concerns about Pinto's playing time or a Vargas promotion. So what? This is the small minority, stop complaining about the complainers. They will always be there, and frankly, this kind of makes you one of them.

You got it.

Here's another variation:

"The same fans that demanded Hicks play every day in the majors to get experience, are now complaining that he wasn't sent to AAA to work on his fundamentals."

um, no. Those would be different fans, bud. :)

#8 D. Hocking

D. Hocking

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

I am thinking there are not many I would want to have a non-baseball conversation with either.

#9 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

• Members
  • 5,731 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:21 AM

Why read it if it drives you crazy? Why not just ignore it. You'll be happier.....
Lighten up Francis....

#10 CRArko

CRArko

Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

Why read it if it drives you crazy? Why not just ignore it. You'll be happier.....

One of the oddest quirks of human nature is the strange desire to watch train wrecks. We're a funny bunch of primates.
Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay,
I sleep all night and I work all day.

#11 Marta Shearing

Marta Shearing

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:59 AM

I love Reusse but he's wrong. Nobody's complaining about this signing. You'd have to be a complete idiot to find fault with this signing. Reusse must have run out of material.

#12 LimestoneBaggy

LimestoneBaggy

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:23 PM

It's quite a pleasure to agree/disagree with the community here, and know that I'd enjoy a beer and a lively conversation with members here.
I will one day successfully sneak onto the Sportive Podcast, and have nothing intelligent to say or add to the conversation.

#13 S.

S.

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

Reusse's articles generally read like a middle school report, with the topics assigned to him by the Twins' FO. I don't know why anyone would take him much more seriously than the comments on there.

#14 ScrapTheNickname

ScrapTheNickname

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

One of the oddest quirks of human nature is the strange desire to watch train wrecks. We're a funny bunch of primates.

What did we do before the invention of trains, I wonder. It must have been rough in them olden days.

#15 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

Reusse's articles generally read like a middle school report, with the topics assigned to him by the Twins' FO. I don't know why anyone would take him much more seriously than the comments on there.

Like or dislike Reusse, I seriously doubt he takes instructions from the Twins on what to write about.

#16 LaBombo

LaBombo

• Members
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:51 PM

Like or dislike Reusse, I seriously doubt he takes instructions from the Twins on what to write about.

Neither he nor Souhan seem particularly concerned about tempering criticism of the organization for fear of lesser access to updates and interviews. That has a value to readers all its own, regardless of the rest.

#17 S.

S.

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

I mean thats how they read, not that they actually are assigned to him.

#18 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:38 PM

I mean thats how they read, not that they actually are assigned to him.

My bad.

#19 CRArko

CRArko

Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

What did we do before the invention of trains, I wonder. It must have been rough in them olden days.

Ever see Ben-Hur? It's always something.

#20 TKGuy

TKGuy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

There's always so much hand wringing no matter the decision the Twins make. It's just part of being fans of Minnesota sports, always waiting for the worst

#21 S.

S.

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:44 PM

My bad.

No hard feelings. I blame it on a poorly place comma. Or Bill Smith. Either way.

#22 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:41 PM

Reusse and Dan Barreiro drive me crazy with this crap. 10% of fans complain about a topic like this and these guys have to complain about the complaining. .

They got to have something to write about, don't they?
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#23 stringer bell

stringer bell

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

I don't know if it is a Minnesota thing or what. The Twins make news and immediately there is criticism, some of it not directly related to the news they make. The Vikings lose and the phone lines light up to criticize the coach, quarterback, defense whatever. There are plenty that wait for the Wild to lose so that they can complain about them. And if anyone is left that cares about the Timberwolves, they live to criticize them.

All four franchises are worthy of criticism, I think. However, it seems like there is only one reason to follow the franchises, and that is to b(*&ch about them.

#24 howeda7

howeda7

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

I don't know if it is a Minnesota thing or what. The Twins make news and immediately there is criticism, some of it not directly related to the news they make. The Vikings lose and the phone lines light up to criticize the coach, quarterback, defense whatever. There are plenty that wait for the Wild to lose so that they can complain about them. And if anyone is left that cares about the Timberwolves, they live to criticize them.

All four franchises are worthy of criticism, I think. However, it seems like there is only one reason to follow the franchises, and that is to b(*&ch about them.

It's become the MN way for many. B1tch about the pro teams. Simply mock the Gophers.

#25 CRArko

CRArko

Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

I think that's a sports fan thing in general. One of the things athletic competition does is let frustrations of all kinds have an outlet. Sometimes it's a little more public than is warranted.