Roh Roh... Here come the Astro's Lineup from ChiTown... Jane... Stop this Crazy Thing!!!
Geez, Brian ... I was waiting FOREVER for you to finish your spiel so I could jump in and do my little thing here. And here's my little thing ...
Things to Think About:
1. The Astro's -- Rebuilding a down and out franchise is always a challenge and there are deferent degrees of philosophy executed by GM's in charge of such tasks. The Twins have attempted to remain as competitive as possible while building minor league talent from below. The Astro's took more of nuclear bomb approach. They traded every veteran of value for minor league prospects and played bad enough that they have been drafting first overall since 1976. Team payroll was down to the price of 12 gallons of gas for awhile and is still in the 20 gallons of gas range. The Astros have youngest team in baseball with an Average age of 17.8. The 2014 Astros started off bad but the youngsters have been turning things around lately. Hot prospects George Springer and Jon Singleton are up now... joining Jose Altuve... Jason Castro and Matt Dominquez and finally sharp baseball people are going... Ahhh.... I see what you are doing here. The Pitching staff is also young and there are more coming. It's quite possible that they won't draft first next year.
2. Timing -- If this was April... We would love to have been playing the Astros... The schedule maker said nope... The Twins would face the Astros in June. The Astros have won 9 of their last 12 games and that's just wonderful timing. Streaks can stop and go cold just as quickly as they start and get hot. In the end... it doesn't matter but I sure hope no one showed up with the impression that the Astros will be a walk on the space treadmill. You could end up like George thinking that way.
3. Dallas Kuechel -- He's 26 years old and he has arrived in the majors this year. Dallas has been fantastic while pitching a 2.70 ERA. I'm not sure the Astros were expecting him to be ace like but I'm sure they are not asking him to regress back to expectation. He was a 7th round draft pick out of the University of Arkansas. Dallas was born in Tulsa Oklahoma and I'm pretty sure that's why his parents named him Dallas. I've seen research that says that 44 percent of boys born in Dallas are named Tulsa. Out of state jealousy... Club Officials are trying to entice Dallas Kuechel to change his name to Corpus Christi. I really haven't seen him pitch yet so I'm not sure what he is dealing but he is dealing something based on the numbers... Propably bottom of the deck sleight of hand that someone just has to get wise to.
4. Oswaldo Arcia -- They are calling it a sprained ankle and that probably means that his leg fell off entirely. It was a bummer injury of Arcia because his bat was really on a roll. He was becoming the guy you had to wait to watch hit. The guy who made you say hold on... Yes I'll help but hold on... As your wife is stuck underneath the downstairs couch that she tried to lift herself... repeating Help Help Help over and over again.
5. "As You Like It" -- I was listening to the Rush double live album "All the World's a Stage" late last night before going to bed. This led to me thinking about Shakespeare and his oft quoted line. "All the World's a stage" and that led me to think... Where does the Audience Sit?
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 06 June 2014 - 03:55 PM.