Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/3): Wheeler Dealer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cody Christie

Cody Christie

Twins Contributor

• Twins Contributors
  • 709 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:16 AM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...-Wheeler-Dealer

#2 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

another week for Rosario in A+, you think, or more?

#3 Dantes929

Dantes929

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

another week for Rosario in A+, you think, or more?

Its a good question. He has missed a lot of real game at bats but assume he was still working on his game even during the suspension. I would guess any week long stretch of hitting around .300 should get him back to AA. I think the Twins want to promote him so it would be nice if he could force the issue with his play.

#4 tmerrickkeller

tmerrickkeller

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:12 PM

A guy can't lose his 4th decision of the year in the first loss he's had since his second start of the season.

#5 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

Adam Walker appears to have finally made the adjustments to High A and flipped the switch. In his last 11 games:

Slash- .349/.370/.744/1.114
Iso- .395

During this stretch, he has his K% under 20% (19.7%) versus a season-long K% of just under 28%. Walker had a very slow start, but he now leads the league in HRs (12).

Edited by jokin, 04 June 2014 - 06:18 PM.

#6 beboppinbot

beboppinbot

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:08 PM

Anything to Polanco not making the FSL team? I haven't been tracking his stats but it sounds like he's been very solid again after being moved up this year and being well under league average age, or did I get him confused with someone else?

#7 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:02 PM

Anything to Polanco not making the FSL team? I haven't been tracking his stats but it sounds like he's been very solid again after being moved up this year and being well under league average age, or did I get him confused with someone else?

The voters (presumably team managers?) must not like all of the errors. Polanco leads the league for Shortstops in OPS, wOBA, wRC+, BB/K, lowest K%, most BBs. He's 2nd in SLG, OBP, ISO, Hits, 2Bs, BB%. Sounds like an All Star snubbing to me. Hopefully, it's just adds more fuel to Jorge's fire. (FWIW, the Rays SS got the All Star nod, Reginatto had the highest BA among SS- .314 to Polanco's .291---of course, Reginatto is also 24 years old).