Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: That's the Ticket: The King and Summer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:12 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...King-and-Summer

#2 Wookiee of the Year

Wookiee of the Year

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:35 PM

I see tomorrow (Friday) night's game includes a "Twins Music Download Card" giveaway. Any idea what that is? I figure it could be really awesome or really lame, depending.

#3 ScottyBroco

ScottyBroco

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:49 AM

Wrong Wrong Wrong Jon! the reason why Sunday is the better day to go is because that is Sid Hartman Bobblehead day! :D

#4 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:08 PM

"Seattle isn't terrible. They enter this series a .500 team, which puts them in the middle of the AL West and the midst of a very large pack of teams that are somewhat viable Wild Card teams (which includes the Twins, by the way.)"

As a Seattlite who's had a chance to watch the Mariners regularly this season, I think saying the M's arent terrible is an understatement. They look to be a fairly well rounded team and despite being in a very competetive AL West, continue to stay around .500. I also think calling the Twins a viable wild card is a big stretch. Yes, they're also flirting with .500, but there is a big gap between the M's and the Twins. It's not close. The Twins could take this series at home, but they'll need their bats to stay hot and the pitching staff to keep the M's off the board. I think the M's take the series behind a strong performance by King Felix on Sunday. The Twins strikeout a lot this season, and even though the King hasn't been as sharp as seasons past, he should tear through the Twins lineup, which is disappointing, but should be fun to watch, even for Twns fans.