Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/8): Hurlbut Goes the Distance

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Eric R Pleiss

Eric R Pleiss

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:22 PM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...es-the-Distance

#2 Dantes929

Dantes929

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:12 AM

"This was really a team effort tonight as the Miracle spread their eight hits around to seven different batters, and four different players scored runs" This is tough to do when your team scores 3 runs.

#3 Dantes929

Dantes929

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:13 AM

Polanco now batting .307. Did he get bored after mastering this level or did he not master this level?

#4 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 5,786 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

Either way, I'm not convinced a player has to master a level before levelling up. Doesn't matter, we know he won't be promoted until after the ASB, if at all, anyway.
Lighten up Francis....

#5 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,796 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:47 AM

Polanco now batting .307. Did he get bored after mastering this level or did he not master this level?

Or perhaps the most likely scenario is he's in the midst of what every player who has a breakout season has to endure. The league took notice and has adjusted to his weak points, and now it's his turn to re-adjust. He has good coaching there in Ft Myers, he'll be fine. And he would have been fine getting promoted to New Britain early, as well.

#6 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,796 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:49 AM

Either way, I'm not convinced a player has to master a level before levelling up. Doesn't matter, we know he won't be promoted until after the ASB, if at all, anyway.

Absolutely right. Consideration for promotion should be on a case-by-case basis, as each prospect has a different dynamic make-up and set of experiences- not the cookie-cutter approach the Twins are fond of, in some 90% of all cases.

#7 kdrupp09

kdrupp09

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:18 PM

Speaking of mastering a level, we know that Buxton dominated High A last year, do his numbers there matter before his promotion to AA or are they just looking for him to look like himself?

#8 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,451 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:19 PM

Speaking of mastering a level, we know that Buxton dominated High A last year, do his numbers there matter before his promotion to AA or are they just looking for him to look like himself?

I think they're just letting him shake off the rust in A+. I expect to see him in New Britain once that happens. Had he not gotten injured, I think he would have started the season in NB.

#9 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 5,786 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:45 PM

I think they're just letting him shake off the rust in A+. I expect to see him in New Britain once that happens. Had he not gotten injured, I think he would have started the season in NB.

Agreed.
Lighten up Francis....

#10 TRex

TRex

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

[h=2]Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/8): Hurlbut Goes the Distance[/h]

I can't believe you didn't lead with the Gardy-ism that Hurlbut 'pitched his tail off'.

#11 KS

KS

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:50 PM

Any comments on the Miracles Game against Jupiter - 11-2 win.....Miracles with 5 errors.....Tough on Miracles' pitchers.