Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

The Twins miss a chance to pick up a real centerfielder.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,213 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:11 PM

Just reported that the A's claimed Dodgers' Nick Buss off waivers. The Twins passed and apparently decided that they are fine with their CF active depth being Kenny Wilson, since apparently they like him and Erik Fryer and Brooks Raley more than Nick Buss.

That was a bad decision...
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#2 drock2190

drock2190

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:35 PM

Hit .300 last year in Triple AAA with 100 RBI's. 2 to 1 strikeout to walk ratio, looks like he would have been a decent flier.

#3 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:06 PM

I'm always skeptical of PCL batting stats versus their IL counterparts, that is to say I deduct a little more when thinking about how a mature player might do in the majors, and Albuquerque in particular I think of as aided by thin air.

That plus 2013 being something of an outlier in his total resume, and him coming down to earth a bit in his 100 PA this year, and I'm not looking at this as too much of a missed opportunity. Something in the Alex Presley and Darin Mastroianni spectrum (different skill sets of course).

#4 Otwins

Otwins

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:47 PM

How about Bernadina? He was designated for assignment. I was thinking that during trade talks when he was with the Nationals that the Twins had some interest in him.

#5 jorgenswest

jorgenswest

• Members
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

I think Bernadina would need to be on the 25 and in the majors. Buss would provide outfield depth in the minors and need to be on the 40. Buss could be an upgrade over Wilkin Ramirez.