Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (4/13): Kernels Road Sweep

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 6,909 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...nels-Road-Sweep

#2 clutterheart

clutterheart

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

Looks like Kepler got his first SO of the year today. At least he is doing a good job making contact. You would think that his outs will start becoming hits. I would love to hear from someone who has seen him play this year and know what kind of outs he is making.
Kepler looks to do OK in the some of the advanced stats, but not great in some of the traditional metrics. It will be interesting to follow.

Mejia got another single and another walk today, I keep waiting for him to struggle, but...he just keeps on getting on base. As the season progresses, if he keeps on getting OB, I wouldn't mind him getting some AB in the lead-off position. He needs to use his speed more effectively and steal bases.

#3 Old Twins Cap

Old Twins Cap

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:39 PM

Beaten by Clete Thomas. Oh the indignity!

#4 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 6,909 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

Beaten by Clete Thomas. Oh the indignity!

He's always been an ok replacement player in the big leagues, and a pretty solid AAA guy. No surprise there.

#5 ericchri

ericchri

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:30 AM

I thought it had been determined that it was actually Jorge Felix, not Felix Jorge, or am I just imagining that? I realize he's been thought of as Felix Jorge pretty much his entire time in the organization, and I guess he's listed that way on the official roster. It's just a little jarring every time I see it.

#6 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 6,909 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

I thought it had been determined that it was actually Jorge Felix, not Felix Jorge, or am I just imagining that? I realize he's been thought of as Felix Jorge pretty much his entire time in the organization, and I guess he's listed that way on the official roster. It's just a little jarring every time I see it.

I just gave in to convention... His FB account and a couple others have told me it is Jorge Felix, but all baseball people say it is Felix Jorge. So, I'll go with that until something changes.