Random Tuesday Twins Thoughts and Tidbits
by, 04-24-2012 at 07:07 AM (632 Views)
Here is this week's installment:
- Very disappointing loss to the Red Sox last night, but some highlight reel plays and lots of near misses. Unfortunately that left the Twins with a 5-12 record, seven games under .500 and 5.5 games behind the Tigers.
- The official rule 4 MLB draft order has been announced and the Twins have 6 picks in the top 100, including the second overall pick
- Phillip Humber, another player discarded by the Twins, pitched a perfect game last Saturday. Add that to his performance for the White Sox in 2011 and the Johan Santana package looks better for the Twins. They just did not know what to do with what they got...
- If you wonder about some of the activities of some of the Twins' top prospects, you got to see this
- And if you wonder how life on the road is for minor leagues, make your you read this blog by AJ Petterson who is playing for the Beloit Snappers
- This is a great writeup for another Ballpark that has an anniversary this year, albeit closer to the Twins' home
- Next Saturday at Target Field is "Ben Revere Bat Giveaway Day". Great planning.
- Twins' fans, if you are into running or even thought about getting into running (there is plenty of time), make sure that you register for the Fiteens5K this August. A great charity, run by Glen Perkins and his wife Alisha and a great downtown Minneapolis race which includes a free ticket to a Twins game in the Rays' series and lots of Twins giveaway goodies. And to sweeten the deal the race ends at Target Field, every finisher will
receive a medal and Twins' players will be hanging out those medals. Just do it! I might even consider flying to the Cities for this race.
- This is very sad: A particular former Twins' prospect (was released before the season begun) started with this tweet and then started digging himself deeper... his timeline is here. Amazing. Not what you do when you look for a job, kiddo. An apology came later but still...
- The Twins' product of the week, is the MLB Men's Minnesota Twins 3/4 Sleeve Crew Neck Featherweight Tech Fleece Pullover by Majestic I saw a couple of players were those in Fort Myers and are a killer look.
The parting shot today is of Josh Burris. The Folks over at Twins' Daily have started an "adopt a prospect" theme and Josh Burris its the Twins' prospect I adopted. You can read all about it here (and adopt your own prospect) and can follow my Josh Burris updates here.
As always you can find all the Random Tuesday Twins Thoughts and Tidbits Posts here, in reverse chronological order.