by, 06-21-2013 at 06:12 AM (373 Views)
The Twins put together a solid series against the White Sox to earn a three-game sweep. The rival Sox are plummeting in the AL Central but it is still nice to beat a hated foe. Powerful offensive performances and some decent pitching helped to club in the series. Now it will be time to see what the team can do when they head out on the road for a couple of series.
Some of the other Twins headlines from this week included: Justin Morneau finally ended the longest home run drought of his career, Kevin Corriea put together a couple of solid starts, and Sam Deduno continues to impress. Everything seems to be going good in Twins Territory but this has been a streaky team this season and it's going to take more than a few wins to impress the fan base.
Here are some of the most enjoyable stories from around the web in the last week. Make sure to check them all out before you head out for the weekend.
- Byron Buxton has mastered the art of being good.
- Buxton is also putting up better numbers in Cedar Rapids than Mike Trout did when he played for the club.
- Two roommates on the Cedar Rapids Kernels continue to impress with their performances so far this year.
- Antoan Richardson has put together a great season in the minors and this interview will help you to learn a little bit more about him.
- It's interesting to see how pitchers are approaching Miguel Sano since he transitioned to the Eastern League.
- One of my favorite prospects, Max Kepler, is going to need to try and reestablish himself.
- Mike Pelfrey has endured a few struggles this season but there are a few keys for him to find success.
- In the history of the Yankees and Twins, this play has to be one of the most frustrating in recent memory.
- According to the most recent numbers for Twins on Twitter, my followers have gone up 3.6% in the last six weeks. I think we can improve that number for the next update.
- This might be the most entertaing article I read this week because it includes two thing I love, trading cards and the Minnesota Twins. Plus there's a Duck Tales reference so that's awesome.
- Kevin Correia might be one of a few starting pitchers available at the trade deadline.
- When it comes to fantasy baseball, Brian Dozier shouldn't be on your team.
- Aaron Hicks and Chris Parmelee are near the top of the list for most Web Gems this season.
- Pat Neshek's brother works for the Twins and he made a fantastic grab as the ball boy earlier this week.
- The Fort Myers Miracle are always creative with their promotions and this one for Miami Heat fans that exited Game 6 early is pretty good.
- What happened to the ball from Kirk Gibson's famous 1988 World Series home run?
- I've seen the sausage race in person and now it's celebrating 20 years in the big leagues.
- The story of the Black Sox scandal is one of the best known in baseball and now you can own a unique piece of memorabilia from that famous series.
- A complete replica of Wrigley Field was built but this one is unique because it is made of almost 58,000 Legos.
- Torii Hunter hit his 300th home run and it just had to come against the Twins.
- They have all-time great players but are the Tigers an all-time great team?
My Weekly Rundown
- Sunday: Talk to Contact: Episode 41
- Monday: The Future of Trevor Plouffe
- The Curious Case of Kyle Gibson
- Wednesday: Those Damn Yankees: Chuck Knoblach
- Twins Minor League Report (6/19): Sano's 1st AA Blast
Video of the Week: After ending the longest home run drought of his career, the Twins had a little fun with their Canadian first baseman. Justin Morneau came into the dugout and he had to give high-fives to his invisible teammates. His real teammates were told by the manager to give Morneau the silent treatment. It was a funny moment especially since it had to be a big weight off of his shoulders to finally hit one out.