by, 06-14-2013 at 06:13 AM (387 Views)
After a rough road trip over the last week, the Twins returned home to face a Phillies team with it's own share of struggles. Minnesota won the first two games of the series but both games were close. The Tigers come to town for Father's Day weekend and this marks the start of nine straight games against AL Central opponents.
This can become a crucial part of the schedule if the Twins want to stay in the hunt for a division crown. The club has a winning record so far in June and that is a good way to get back to the .500 mark. So far this season, the Twins are 9-15 versus AL Central foes.
There has been plenty of news from around Twins Territory this week so let's dive into the latest edition of "Friday Links-N-Thinks."
- While watching the FSN broadcasts, it might not seem like advance stats are being used but Dick Bremer continues delve deeper into this world.
- Miguel Sano was promoted to Double-A this week and there were a variety of reasons why he was ready.
- Bookmark this site as there will be plenty of coverage from New Britain on Miguel Sano and Eddie Rosario.
- With the move to Double-A, is it time to shift Sano over to first base?
- A couple of Twins prospects have been terrorizing the minor leagues.
- Paul Molitor sees a lot of what happens in the Twins minor league system.
- There is plenty more to the Cedar Rapids Kernels beyond Byron Buxton.
- The pitcher the Twins got back for Denard Span is suffering some shoulder soreness and that can be a bad sign for the future.
- Target Field has more than enough options when it comes to stuffing your face.
- Joe Mauer has eyes in the back of his head.
- The Twins had an interesting situation play out on the mound earlier this week. It sure seems like a time when a bullpen car would have been helpful.
- Former Twins prospect Wilson Ramos suffered another set-back as he reinjured his ailing hamstring. That's not a good injury for a catcher to be suffering through.
- My favorite baseball movie of all-time turned 25 years old this week.
- The Twins might have interested in the always injured Grady Sizemore.
- Next year's draft is less than a year away! It's never too early to dig into who are some of the top college arms.
- It's impossible to hit the ball over Carlos Gomez's head.
- As Twins fans know, Alexi Casilla can make some outstanding plays on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Royals farm system was one of the strongest a couple years ago but those names haven't panned out. This serves as a good reminder for Twins fans that prospects aren't always sure things.
- A sick Oakland A's fan used a robot to throw out a first pitch.
- JJ Hardy really doesn't like the center fielders for the Angels.
- Be careful when you walk behind the mound in Texas.
- Mariano Rivera continues to deliver pizza to important employees as he makes his last trip around the American League.
- It turns out that Superman was bad at coaching baseball.
My Weekly Rundown
- Sunday: Deibinson Romero is knocking on the door
- Monday: Twins' center field depth to be tested
- Wednesday: Twins Top 10 Prospects: Post-Draft Edition
- Twins Minor League Report (6/12): Double-A Debuts
Video of the Week: Byron Buxton and the Cedar Rapids Kernels were featured on FSN North earlier this week. Buxton didn't disappoint as he had a great day at the plate and he made one of the best defensive plays you are going to see all year. If you haven't seen this catch yet, here it is. If you have seen it, you should probably watch it a few more times. It never gets old.