by, 03-16-2012 at 09:09 AM (715 Views)
I made it home after some rest and relaxation in the Arizona sun. It was a great time in the Valley of the Sun but it does feel nice to get back into a normal routine. Plus the weather here in the Upper Midwest is about as hot as it was down there. It has been a strange winter for weather and it makes me want the start of the baseball season to come that much faster.
Since I was gone for most of the week, it was fun to put together this week's version of Friday Links-N-Thinks. It allowed me to get caught up on all of the news I might have missed this week and prepare for a little weekend of watching March Madness. Enjoy!!!
- MLB released its social media policy and for the most part it seems to make sense.
- The Twins have started to clear out a little room in the clubhouse at Hammond Stadium by sending some players to the minor league camp.
- There are three weeks until Opening Day and Seth Stohs tried to piece together the 25-man roster that will be coming north for the Twins.
- Twins Fan From Afar wonders if the Twins need to hire a sports psychologist.
- Imagining the Twins starting rotation in 2013 could be scary business.
- Nick over at Top of the 1st has done a little roster analysis of the Twins during the week. Here are his middle infield notes.
- Really Scott Baker?!? I leave for a week and your elbow starts acting up.
- The Baseball Outsider wonders if Brian Duensing could be the LOOGY this season.
- Do veteran pitchers have more of an advantage in spring training? Minnesota Twins Musings tries to address this question.
- When I was in Arizona, there was plenty of talk about the addition of Jason Kubel to a crowded D-Backs outfield. It sounds like they want to keep it that way.
- Michael Cuddyer will be one of the youngest members of the Rockies lineup and that's not a good thing.
- Two Twins minor leaguers were suspended for PEDs this week but luckily they weren't huge prospects at this point.
- Ozzie Guillen got kicked out of his first game as manager of the Marlins and he did it to protect former Twins player Terry Tiffee.
- Who could be ready for a breakout season this year for the Twins? Jim Crikkett at Knuckleballs tries to find the answer.
- John Sickels at Minor League Ball wants fans to pick out which catching prospect is under pressure and Chris Herrmann made the list.
- Jim Thome is back in the NL and this means he might need his glove a couple of times this season.
- I never had anything against the Dodgers but now I do. Hello Kitty is evil.
My Weekly Rundown
- Tuesday: Playing Pepper: 2012 Minnesota Twins
Video of the Week: Trevor Bauer was the third pick in the 2011 MLB Draft and he could be ready to make some noise for the Arizona Diamondbacks this year. This video of him throwing long toss before a game is amazing to see. He could be close to setting a world record if his throws were official measured. Check it out.