by, 05-10-2013 at 06:57 AM (403 Views)
The Twins keep finding ways to surprise as the team still sits around the .500 mark and it is close to a month and a half into the season. Minnesota's bats finally woke up in Boston with some big numbers put up in the four game series by Oswaldo Arcia and Joe Mauer. The club took three out of the four games to close out their recent road trip.
This weekend the Baltimore Orioles are coming to Target Field for a three game set. Baltimore is off to another good start after last year's trip back to the postseason. The Orioles are near the top of the AL East and they have a very good 12-8 record on the road entering Friday's game at Target Field.
Hopefully, the Twins recent offensive explosion will carry over to their home ballpark. The club is sitting in fourth place in the AL Central but there are a lot of team's grouped together in the middle of the division. If the team could get hot, they might find themselves on the heels of the Detroit Tigers.
For now, enjoy some of the best Twins and MLB coverage from around the web. There are some good interviews, Puckett stories, sports video games, and a whole lot more!
- Aaron Hicks was in a little hot water this week after a play on the defensive side of the ball.
- The anniversary of Kirby Puckett's big league debut was on Thursday.
- Do you want to know what Puckett's original scouting report looked like?
- So far this year, Vance Worley has been unlucky so don't lose faith yet...
- Scott Diamond did an interview with FanGraphs that you should check out.
- Later in the week, FanGraphs published an interview with Glen Perkins
- Trevor Plouffe invited Watertown police officers to Thursday's Twins vs Red Sox game.
- A match-up between the last year's first two draft picks was put on hold.
- According to the Twins Minor League Director, there could easily be six to eight guys that make the majors from Cedar Rapids.
- This year's Minnesota Twins Prospect Handbook has been discounted and I was a co-author so pick up a copy.
- The rise of Josmil Pinto is something to keep an eye on.
- In this video, Miguel Sano talks about his favorite thing to do in baseball.
- Who is going to be the odd man out when Darin Mastroanni is healthy?
- Carlos Santana became a fan of Sam Deduno during this year's WBC.
- There are two big name pitchers to watch at the top of this year's draft board.
- Baseball America released their first mock draft and the fourth pick could be a tough spot for the Twins.
- The Twins have apparently narrowed their possible draft picks to a few names.
- ESPN spent the week ranking the top 25 sports video games of all-time. Which one have you played the most?
- Carlos Gomez was always good on defense but now he has figured out the offensive side of the ball.
- It turns out Gomez was the prize of the Johan Santana trade.
- Sometimes there is value in really beat-up baseball cards.
- Nationals fans revolted against a new ticket policy and it worked.
- Here is a cool interactive graphic to compare the salaries of all 30 MLB clubs.
- You've been waiting for it... "The History of Baseball Stadium Nachos"
- Matt Kemp did something very cool for a fan this week.
- It turns out that baseball is big in Manipur, India
My Weekly Rundown
- Sunday: Talk to Contact: Episode 36
- Tuesday: Which Team's Aces Did the Twins Miss?
- Wednesday: Twins behind in the golden age of leadoff hitters
- Twins Minor League Report (5/8): Gibson Shows He's Ready
Video of the Week: The Twins are usually creative with their advertisements and the club has even won some awards for their advertising campaigns. A unique commercial was released this week and the stars of the show are all bobbleheads. It is a very unique ad and it showcases one of the things that fans love about going to Twins games. Here is a list of ten awesome details about the commercial and the video to go along with it.