COMING SOON: Adopt-a-Prospect 2013
by, 04-14-2013 at 10:23 PM (287 Views)
At Twins Daily, we believe that the Twins minor leaguers deserve to be recognized. They may not play in front of big league crowds or for big league pay checks. However, they work really hard and deserve to be noticed when they perform.
Last year, we started Adopt-a-Prospect as a way to help players throughout the minor leagues to get recognized. On Tuesday, starting at 10:00 central time, we will begin Adopt-a-Prospect 2013. As we did a year ago, a separate forum thread will be set up for the Adoptions. At 10:00, I will post that the adoptions can begin. See the remainder of the rules below.
It’s fun to “adopt” the top prospects, but it can also be great to “adopt” the lesser-known minor leaguers and learn all about them and be able to share that with Twins Daily readers. Be sure to check out the rules below, and if you feel that you can meet the requirements, please stop by on Tuesday and adopt-a-prospect.
Rules of Adopt-A-Prospect:
1) Twins Daily members can only ‘adopt’ ONE prospect at this time. Each Twins prospect can only be adopted once. It will be first-come, first-serve in a new thread here that will be opened at 10:00 a.m. CST on Tuesday morning. (There may be a second adoption between the MLB draft and the start of the short-season leagues.)
2) Once you have confirmed that you have that player, you can post a thread. The title of the thread you start should just be that player's name. First post must be an introduction of the player. The format of the post is up to the individual, but please be sure to get all the important information needed on the player. For Example, Name, Position, Handedness, Drafted/Signed/Acquired (out of where/what round), Previous Stats, etc. Feel free to make it as detailed as you want. (There are a lot of websites you could link to such as their Baseball-Reference, The Baseball Cube, First Inning, Fan Graphs, MiLB.com, affiliate’s websites, etc.)
3) After the initial post (and throughout the season), you MUST update the thread AT LEAST once every week. If you fail to do this, the prospect can be taken away from you. [If a player is inactive due to injury or suspension, this requirement is waived as appropriate.]
If you would like to update more often, please feel free. Updates should, at least, include Year-To-Date numbers for the player. The more information given, however, the better. Brag up your prospect!
4) Any major event (i.e. Promotion/Demotion/Trade/Perfect Game/4 HRs in one game...) must be reflected in the thread within a day of the event. Failure to update for this purpose may result in losing your adoptee.
5) Threads will be closed one week after a prospect has been traded out of the organization. However, if the player is traded back to the Twins (for some reason), the member who had the prospect will have the option to regain the prospect.
6) If a player is placed on the 25-man roster, this is wonderful news and you can continue that player’s thread. Reward for your player getting to the big leagues is that you can adopt a second prospect at that point. Even if the first player is eventually sent back to the minor leagues, you can maintain both prospect threads.
7) All other rules which are enforced on the main board will be enforced here.