by, 03-08-2013 at 06:51 AM (428 Views)
After taking a break for the offseason, "Friday Links-N-Thinks" are back here at NoDak Twins Fan.
For those that aren't familiar with this type of post, I will provide a bunch of different links to stories that have interested me from the last week. Some of the stories will be Twins related and others will just be interesting baseball stories. All together, it is a great way to catch-up on the baseball related news from the last week.
The Twins are in the midst of spring training and some players have headed out to represent their respective countries in the World Baseball Classic. The start of the baseball season is getting closer so let's dive in to the first edition of "Friday Links-N-Thinks" for the new season.
- Success hasn't come easy at the big league level for Liam Hendriks.
- Aaron Hicks is sure making it tough for the Twins to leave him in the minor leagues.
- Here is what John Sickels had to say about Mr. Hicks.
- What does the organizations depth chart look like for outfielders? Or infielders?
- There have been plenty of prospect lists released in the offseason and FanGraphs put their Twins list up this week.
- With most of the prospect lists out, here is a rundown of all of the players that are featured.
- The Twins might have the best hitting prospects in the game.
- Joe Mauer really doesn't like pop-ups.
- A bench can be tough to build and there has been some debate about the Twins bench.
- In Team USA's first tune-up game before the World Baseball Classic, Joe Mauer was batting clean-up. Not exactly the prototypical power threat.
- Numbers are part of baseball and here are some related to the Twins.
- A chunk of spring training is over and it's tough to know if the Twins have any answers.
- There are plenty of former Twins players in spring training across baseball.
- Justin Morneau might owe this man a beverage.
- A soap opera staring Delmon Young could be interesting...
- The Kansas City Royals are off to a good start this spring. Could this be a sign of things to come in 2013?
- The Rangers are warming up to AJ Pierzynski.
- Two years after the death of a Nationals shortstop prospect, this article looks at how MLB tries to pump out players from the Dominican Republic.
- No one went to the World Baseball Classic game between China and Cuba.
- Thinking about Big League Chew might bring you back to your younger years.
- Could a 54-year old be a rookie this year?
- This college player had to throw his whole glove to first to get an out.
My Weekly Rundown:
- Monday: Making a Thome Plan
- Tuesday: Gibson, Hicks might be destined for Rochester
- Wednesday: The Role of Rich Harden
- Thursday: What made Nick Blackburn successful?
Video of the Week: Aaron Hicks had quite the game on Thursday. He would finish the day with three home runs and six RBI. Here is a look at his first home run of the day and it came off of Cliff Lee.