by, 06-01-2012 at 06:52 AM (785 Views)
Original post from North Dakota Twins Fan
Get out the brooms because the Twins just got done sweeping the A's in a series at Target Field. It wasn't the prettiest of sweeps but a walk-off home run from Josh Willingham and an interesting outing from Francisco Liriano put the cap on the three game set. The A's aren't exactly the cream of the crop in the American League but at this point the Twins are just trying to play better baseball.
The Twins head to Cleveland for a weekend series with the Tribe but many Twins fans have turned their attention to the MLB Draft that will take place at the beginning of next week. A franchise can be altered by the selection made by their front office and the scouting department. The number two selection in the draft will belong to the Twins and the team needs to hit a home run with this pick.
Throughout the week, I've been been putting up posts related to the MLB Draft and I will continue to put together all of this information in a "2012 MLB Draft Primer" for the beginning of next week. Until then, enjoy these great links from throughout the week.
- It seems, for better or worse, that the Twins are going to be depending a lot on Brian Dozier at shortstop in the future.
- This reliance on Dozier could be tough with teams adjusting their approach with the young rookie.
- With the draft on Monday, it is important to reexamine the top prospects in the minor league system of the Twins.
- It might be too early to start all of the trade speculation with the trade deadline still a couple months away.
- That being said, Justin Morneau could be one of the players that exits the team when the July trade deadline rolls around.
- Liriano's contract is over at the end of the season and there is a good chance he will be on the trading block.
- A couple of days ago Liriano had a good start but what does that mean for the future?
- There have been plenty of throwback uniforms in baseball this year and the Twins will join the party with their Minneapolis Millers jerseys.
- With 30% of the Twins schedule behind them, there have been some interesting offensive numbers so far in 2012.
- For only the second time in the history of Target Field, there was a walk-off home run. There was a special surprise waiting for Willingham at the end of the day.
- This list looks at the all-time draft roster for the history of the Twins.
- PJ Walters honors his daughter's memory before every game with a touching gesture.
- Former Twins player Jason Kubel is going to be a dad again.
- The Twins broadcast team isn't great but Hawk Harrelson is terrible.
- Sometimes the number two pick in the draft doesn't always produce a great player.
- After getting hit hard as a member of the Twins rotation, Jason Marquis is forced to prove himself at Double-A for the Padres.
- One of the most talked about stories of the week revolved around a former Twins prospect and his growth in the steroids era.
- Torii Hunter was finally able to return to the Angels after dealing with a terrible family situation.
My Weekly Rundown
- Tuesday: Tuesday Morning Tidbits
- Tuesday's Trip through the Minors
- Wednesday: 2011 Twins MLB Draft Capsule
- 2010 Twins MLB Draft Capsule
- 2009 Twins MLB Draft Capsule
- Thursday: 2008 Twins MLB Draft Capsule
- 2007 Twins MLB Draft Capsule
- Minnesota Twins Top 10 Prospects
Video of the Week: One of the best moments of the year for the Twins happened earlier this week and this video celebrates Willingham's blast in very retro fashion. A shout out is in order to That's Twins Baseball for putting together this wonderful clip.