by, 05-25-2012 at 08:05 AM (754 Views)
Original post from North Dakota Twins Fan
The Twins have been playing a little bit better baseball and the team has been able to put together a few wins since the last time we were together for "Friday Links-N-Thinks." The rotation has been overhauled with a youth movement coming into the fold. The likes of Scott Diamond, PJ Walters, and Cole DeVries have been added to the roster to throw the ball over the plate.
After the first game of the White Sox series, things looked to be going in the right direction for the Twins. A lot of fielding errors in the last two game put the team in a hole they would never be able to climb out of and the Sox won the final two games and the series. It was nice to see Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau hit a home run in the same game and hopefully the offense will follow the Twins back to Target Field.
It's a long weekend so enjoy your time at the lake, at the ballpark, or where ever you will be spending the next few days. Before you leave, make sure to check out the links I have provided below.
- On last night's Twins Minor League Weekly podcast, there was a great list of guests with Kyle Gibson, David Bromberg, and Drew Leachman giving thoughts on the season.
- Right field has been a mess for the Twins and it is hard to figure out what the team will do to clean up this hole.
- With the MLB draft a couple of weeks away, Seth Stohs has been revamping his top prospect list for the Twins system. (Prospects 41-50, Prospects 31-40, Prospects 21-30)
- It seems that teams have been throwing Morneau a few more curves balls this season as compared to other years.
- One of the top prospects for next month's draft recently worked out for the Twins in Fort Myers.
- Bryce Harper has been very good in his debut season but Brian Dozier has also looked good for the Twins.
- Jamey Carroll and the Brewers had an interesting incident in on Sunday afternoon and the reasons for throwing purpose pitches has changed over time.
- Justin Morneau might have been awakened last night.
- Major League Baseball was awarded the "Sports League of the Year" this week and the MLB Fan Cave also took home some hardware.
- Seedlings to Stars has an interesting look into the minor leagues with their first edition of "fish" prospects from the AL Central.
- Former Twins player Torii Hunter has been dealing with some tough family issues but it looks like he could return to the Angels next week.
- PJ Walters pitched the first complete game of the year for the Twins and the first one of his career. This picture from after the game was one of my favorites from the week.
- The Twins will be supporting the troops by wearing this hat on Monday for Memorial Day.
- The earliest known baseball jersey from Babe Ruth's time with the Yankees sold for $4.4 million at auction. It is now the most expensive piece of sports memorabilia ever purchased.
- Former MLB player Dmitri Young made $2.5 million by selling his rare collection of baseball cards.
- Even with mid-season prospect rankings being released, it is fun to see this consensus list of the top 71 prospects for the Twins. I was even included in the results.
- The Baseball Outsider recently made a trip to Beloit and he posted some of his photos from his adventure.
- Is this a substitute pitcher or a Twins starting pitcher?
- There are some great power hitters making their way to the major leagues and Miguel Sano is at the top of this list.
- Michael Cuddyer is trying to build chemistry on a bad team for the second year in a row.
- Chuck Knoblauch is still being a bone head...
My Weekly Rundown
- Monday: Twins should go all in on Greinke
- Tuesday: Tuesday Morning Tidbits
- Tuesday's Trip through the Minors
- Thursday: Benson and Tosoni moving in the wrong direction
Video of the Week: One player the Twins could be targeting in the draft next month is from Rochester. KSTP did a story on the young man as he looks forward to what could be one of the most important days of his life.