UPDATE: Additional tickets will go on sale Thursday, 1/23 at 8am!
Thank you everyone! The Twins Daily Winter Meltdown was sold out by noon today. We'll see you on January 25th. If we find a way to increase capacity, we'll be sure to publicize it here and on our @TwinsDaily Twitter account.
A limited number of Twins Daily Winter Meltdown tickets are now available. Here's the cheat sheet:
- January 25th from 5:00-8:00, which coincides with the end of TwinsFest.
- Mason's Restaurant and Barre - which also coincides with TwinsFest, as it's just one block from Target Field Plaza.
- All attendees get a free Twins Daily Meltdown 2014 Pint Glass and two free craft brews.
- There will be talks and a Q&A session with Twins President Dave St. Peter and other Twins and baseball luminaries.
- Tickets are $25 at the door and $20 purchased in advance - and we expect to sell out well in advance. We only have 120 tickets and we've consistently had a similar turnout for smaller events.
I'm sorry we couldn't make this bigger and allow more people, but consider this your warning - PLEASE try to get your tickets as early as you can find time.
Twins Daily's Winter Meltdown will feature Minnesota Twins President Dave St. Peter answering questions from attendees as part of the featured baseball panel presentation. St. Peter has served as President of the Twins since 2002, overseeing a decade of success, a move to Target Field and the recent struggles of the team. He has also made enormous efforts to engage Twins fans directly, including a very active (and popular) Twitter account. So it's not surprising that he's agreed to support Twins Daily and our members by participating in the Meltdown. We really appreciate his support.
You can find more details about the event, which takes place one block from Target Field on the Saturday of TwinsFest, below. But there are two clarifications to the information listed below:
1. We've been asked if fans under 21 can (and should) attend. The answer is absolutely (and absolutely). Those members under 21 obviously can't get the free beer tickets, but Mason's has lots of other alternatives and great food. (And there will be nothing offensive about the baseball panel. It's likely my own kids will be there.)
2. I've received several requests to set aside tickets for people prior to the ticket launch on Friday Dec 13th at 8 AM, because people are worried it will be sold out. We understand, but if you can't be free at 8 AM to order tickets, you'll want to arrange someone else to order them for you. We're very sorry that the event is limited to 120 attendees.
Again, for more information, see immediately below. We'll see you on January 25th!
The move to Twins Daily from our individual blogs was a move towards community. Ask any writer - it's a lot harder to build a community than to just write and click 'Publish.' Fortunately, it's also a lot more fun. Especially when it includes a couple of beers, a Twins Daily pint glass and speakers from the Minnesota Twins.
Twins Daily is having our 1st Annual Winter Meltdown following TwinsFest this January 25th. Or maybe it's our second, seeing as last year upwards of 100 fans swamped Huberts to sip a keg of craft beer and connect in person, like, you know, real people.
But I'm still going with "1st Annual" because that one was a lark, and this time we're getting serious. It will still be super-convenient if you're going to TwinsFest at Target Field. We're holding it at Mason's Restaurant and Barre just one block from Target Field Plaza, on 6th and Hennepin. It's the perfect place - close, nice and naive enough to not know what they're getting themselves into.
It will be the Saturday of TwinsFest, January 25th, from 5:00 - 8:00, just as TwinsFest is winding down, just like last year. And like last year, it will feature craft beers, two free per attendee.
But we're upping our game considerably. First, all attendees will receive a Twins Daily pint glass to keep. Second, we're hosting a baseball panel featuring members of the Twins organization, answering questions about the upcoming season. As we finalize the speakers this week, we'll let you know the names, but they'll be people Twins fans and geeks will want to hear from firsthand.
And, of course, there will be the community. We'll all get a chance to meet in person those people we've talked to in the forums or on Twitter the other 364 days of the year.
Tickets are limited, and cost $20 in advance or $25 at the door. However, given the interest in previous Twins Daily events that included far less, we expect to sell out early, possibly very soon, so we're giving you a heads up:
Tickets are now available. We need to cut off the sale at 120 tickets, which is less than we had at Hubert's last year and darn near what we had for the #GrandDrunkRailroad event last August. We truly apologize if any of you are (literally) left in the cold - it's hard to find large venues close to Target Field that make sense.
Each of us hope you all can make it. We would love to meet you and expect this is going to be an event to remember.
This event has sold out.
NOTE: For more updates, be sure to follow the event at Twins Daily's Facebook page.