Random Tuesday Twins Thoughts and Tidbits
by, 02-28-2012 at 09:19 AM (523 Views)
This is a regular weekly feature at The Tenth Inning Stetch and is partially reposted here. You can find the original here
Here is this week's installment (heavily influenced by Spring Training) :
- Wishing my best to Joel Zumaya, who's career with the Twins for all practical purposes ended
last Sunday. Several media outlets have mentioned that he is considering retiring from baseball and becoming a professional fisherman. Terry Ryan indicated that the Twins most likely will replace Zumaya from within the
organization, which opens another position in their pen. I looked at the potential possibilities here yesterday.
- In another interesting story from the Twins' camp, we learned that Doumit will not be part of the first base rotation, J.R. Towles has hopes on sticking with the big team, and that Luke Hughes might actually take batting practice today. Yesterday he took swings without a ball and felt good, according to himself. Meanwhile there are reports that Revere's arm has been stronger this offseason. Paul Molitor on ESPN
1500 mentioned that yesterday Revere threw over the head of the cut-off man (Nishioki) in practice. Interesting to see how this develops. Another thing we learn yesterday is that Ron Gardenhire opened his mind and the Revere LF- Span CF- Willingham RF he (almost) wrote on stone this offseason, might not be it, if it does not make sense. Good to hear.
- A former member of the Twins' World Championship teams, is selling Fish Tacos, while a current Twins' pitcher is clearing the Fort Myers seas from sharks
- A recently departed Twins, has alreadymade his presense felt in his new team's clubhouse, while another of his former teammates who pitched last season with the Bridgeport Bluefish, is now an Angel
- I bet that you did not know that there is an annual MLB groundskeeper's convension and an MLB Groundskeepers Hall of Fame. I didn't. Now we all do.
You can read the remaining article, including the picture of the week and the word of the week here
- The Twins' player Tweet of the week award goes to Ben Revere with this one. When Ben retires from baseball, he has a bright future in fortune cookie script writing. Niko Goodrum gets second place with this advice. Also from the tweet deparment, Ben Revere thinks that a certain fast food joint, holds the secret to hitting home runs