Jump to content

Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Forums

Article: Winter Meetings: Reliever Roulette

Minnesota Twins Talk Today, 01:44 AM
The free agent relief market is finally beginning to take shape at the Winter Meetings. The Minnesota Twins, for now, are biding their ti...

Article: 4 Stories To Watch At The Winter Meetings

Minnesota Twins Talk Yesterday, 11:52 PM
With Christmas only two weeks away, the Hot Stove has yet to heat up for Major League Baseball. But that's about to change.Two situations...

Article: Winter Meetings - Search For A Starter

Minnesota Twins Talk Yesterday, 11:52 PM
The Winter Meetings are an interesting event, particularly for fans. There are a multitude of rumors, and we need to sift through them to...

T-Wolves Regular Season Thread

Minnesota Timberwolves Talk Yesterday, 11:18 PM
Let's get this mother started.

Article: Twins Prospect Spotlight Series: Ben Rortvedt

Twins Minor League Talk Yesterday, 11:09 PM
As a way to look back at a great minor league season and look ahead toward the release of the 2018 Twins Prospect Handbook, I’ll be writi...

Photo

Berardino on Sano

Posted by Deduno Abides , 28 March 2017 · 1,245 views

Positive article about hard work with new hitting coach. Why is it not getting as much attention as every cliche article that criticizes him?

Post the link in a forum and people can talk about it.

• Willihammer and woolywoolhouse like this
Photo
Hosken Bombo Disco
Mar 29 2017 03:28 PM

I missed this. Will he cut down on his strikeouts?

Photo
ashburyjohn
Mar 29 2017 04:49 PM

Post the link in a forum and people can talk about it.

We want to encourage blog discussion too. Here's the article I'm assuming DA is referring to:

Twins coach James Rowson tries to help Miguel Sano take the next step

• Willihammer likes this
Photo
killertwinfan
Mar 30 2017 06:31 AM

I just don't buy this crap. I have never seen a person with poor work ethic become a "model" for work ethic months later.  Please keep your BS in the clubhouse. I already think very little of this team, false statements only make it worse.

Photo
Deduno Abides
Mar 30 2017 07:24 AM

Although I disagree and think that some people learn the importance of working harder and taking better care of themselves, you are entitled to your opinion, but answer me this: why is it more believable when an anonymous member of the front office insinuates complaints about Sano than when his coaches say positive things about him on the record?
    • Hosken Bombo Disco and anovotny like this

I understand the skepticism after the last few years. I am willing to give the new regime some time to sort through things... Recent roster decisions included.  Most of us noticed the way the Twins personnel seemed to feed stories to the media to chastise players into "working harder", hopefully this FO has a more direct/healthy approach to dealing with it's players.

Photo
Deduno Abides
Apr 27 2017 06:45 PM
Want to bring this one back. Sano's looking quite good at bat and in the field. Would people like to reconsider the volume of negative comments about Sano this winter and perhaps acknowledge that he may be turning the corner, perhaps through hard work with the assistance of a positive new coach?