Jump to content

Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Forums

2020 MLB (non-Twins) Postseason Discussion Thread

Other Baseball Today, 07:40 AM
Feel free to chime in here about any of the (non-Twins) 2020 MLB postseason games!
Full topic ›

Nelson Cruz wants 2 years

Minnesota Twins Talk Today, 06:20 AM
Full topic ›

MLB.com report on instructional league prospects

Twins Minor League Talk Yesterday, 10:30 PM
In case you haven't seen it, mlb.com has published an article on the prospects at instructional league camp and their progress.   ht...
Full topic ›

YouTube TV Drops Fox Sports Regional Networks

Other Baseball 23 Oct 2020
Does MLB and its TV affiliates (mostly Fox Sports channels) realize how idiotic they are being by not being available to be watched on ma...
Full topic ›

Recent Blogs

Precocious Child Thanks Rich Hill for New, Fun Words

Cherubic Prior Lake second grader rains torrent of filth on family, friends.
Image courtesy of © David Berding-USA TODAY Sports
Damien Holsapple has four words for new Twins starting pitcher Rich Hill.

“[expletive] thanks, Mr. Hill!”

Holsapple, who begins second grade at Jeffers Pond Elementary School this fall, has watched every Twins game this year, including both of Hill’s starts. The veteran starter’s colorful language, easy to pick up without any fans in attendance, has made quite the impact on the precocious youngster.

“That son of a [expletive] said a lot of cool [expletive],” said Holsapple. “I can’t wait to tell my [expletive] teacher, that dumb [expletive]!”

Holsapple’s mother says she’s concerned but is rolling with it.

“Damien’s very bright and picks up on things super quickly,” said Heather Stamey. “I didn’t know that the microphones were going to capture all the chatter in quite that detail and I let him know those words were not OK. Going forward I told him he should just watch with the volume down, like his father does when (Bert) Blyleven is on the broadcast.”

For his part, Damien is just happy to discover new frontiers in language and personal expression.

“[Religious expletive] tapdancing [religious expletive], this summer was pretty [expletive] lame until baseball happened,” said Holsapple. “[Expletive], I don’t even know what the [expletive] tapdancing is, but the way Mr. Hill says it makes it sound [expletive] awesome.”

Damien says he’s also been sharing some of the new words with his younger sister, Alice, who recently turned four.

“When Mom told her it was time for bed last night, Alice said ‘Kiss my [expletive] [expletive] you [expletive] Irish [expletive], that was a [expletive] strike,’” said Damien. “Mom got pretty mad but I saw Dad laughing really [expletive] hard behind her. I told Alice to put a [expletive] baseball glove over her mouth next time she wants to use the fun words like Mr. Hill does when he doesn’t want those [expletive] humps in blue to hear him.”

• Channing1964 likes this

• Share:
  • submit to reddit

5 Comments

Photo
Gary_Wayne_Guy
Aug 21 2020 08:54 AM

<Expletive> Baybalon Bee quality there!

• Channing1964 likes this