Pub Crawl Becomes A Doubleheader. Twins Lose, We Win
- Wally the Beer Man joined the crawl at our last stop, serving up beer for the crawlers and being generous with his time for pictures. He’s a Twin Cities baseball institution and we were honored to have him join us.
- A few local media luminaries jumped into the fray at various points. I don’t want to implicate them too much, but it was great to see you and I know a lot of the crawlers enjoyed meeting you.
- This year we had a special scavenger hunt contest which encouraged participants to meet and greet MinnCentric writers and contributors, so they could get them to sign the weird fact about them. We got thirteen completed sheets and the winner was Micah Larson, who has been contacted to get his pair of front row Twins tickets. Thank you everyone who worked on it.
- Thank you to the MinnCentric writers/contributors who not only hung out but even delivered drink samples to the crawlers. I hope you enjoyed the day as much as I did.
- Thanks, of course, to The Voice Of Reason for not only tolerating this insanity but throwing herself headfirst into it.
- Special thanks to Ray J’s, The Office and Sneaky Pete’s and their staff for gearing up for the rush and making us feel welcome.
At our second stop, the bar went from loud to suddenly quiet. I looked up and saw why. Miguel Sano was batting in the 7th inning in a game in which the Twins faced a two-run deficit. He represented the tying run.
Of course he hit a home run. And of course the bar exploded. High fives with strangers were exchanged, as were smiles and looks of wonder. It was the moment that the pub crawl was made for. I hope you all can experience a similar moment next year when you join us.