This Week's Links-n-Thinks
In case you missed any Twins coverage this week...
- It's hard to believe that another week has gone by and the Twins are one step closer to beginning their 2012 season. The first Grapefruit League action for the Twins took place on Saturday and Joe Mauer, Denard Span, and Justin Morneau all played. Span ran into the center field wall during a simulated game on Thursday but only had a cut lip to deal with.
- Glen Perkins posted a picture of himself with a shark (top right) and he made NotGraphsbecause of it.
- All of the minor league players for the Twins are due to report to Ft. Myers on Tuesday. This means the complex in southwest Florida will be overrun by Twins players and coaches from all levels of the farm system. With the severe winter weather that hit a good portion of Twins Territory this week, the Florida sun is sounding pretty good right about now.
- The company formerly known as Twins Train has switched their name to Territory Train. They have a variety of great trips scheduled for 2012 so make sure to check them out.
- The top high school pitching prospect for next year's draft supposedly hit 100 mph in his first start of the year. Talk about getting the year off to a good start.
- The tenth inning stretch has a recap of the Twins B game from Thursday.
- Seedlings to Stars composed their first 2012 MLB Mock Draft for the First Round and the Supplemental Round. Who will the Twins snag at number 2?
- Seth Stohs is preaching patience with the bullpen and he had some great guests during his podcast on Tuesday night.
- One of the most valuable pieces of sports memorabilia ever is up for auction.
- After the social media world blew up from some of Morneau's comments, he made some clarifications following a few days of working out with the team.
- Twins Fan From Afar asks the question, "Did Joe Mauer-- and Twins Fans -- need his 2011 season to happen?"
- Ozzie Guillen is already making headlines in Miami.
- The New Britain Rock Cats were sold to an investment group earlier in the week.
- The Fort Myers Miracle are going to be celebrating their 20th season this year and they have special caps in honor of the milestone. (bottom right)
- A former Twins first round pick retired earlier this week but he never played for the Twins organization.
- The Yankees can't find a better spot than the bathroom to take their team pictures?!?!
- Jose Mijares switched teams this offseason but he still couldn't figure out how to get to spring training on time.
- Twinkie Town wonders if Trevor Plouffe can be the player the Twins need him to be.
- The writers over at Puckett's Pond have been busy with their "Back to Baseball" series so make sure to visit their page and check it out.
- Twins Rubes has started a series call "Our Stadium Adventures." The first post was on Target Field and the second installment was on Safeco Field.
- Monday: Zumaya's injury leaves right-handed hole to fill
- Tuesday: How long will Dozier stay in the minors?
- Thursday: Tough schedule could put Twins in early hole