Offseason Live Replay: Non-tender Deadline
It looks like the Twins are moving on from longtime left fielder Eddie Rosario. But closer Taylor Rogers is sticking around. Shockingly, Matt Wisler was non-tendered despite a seemingly modest price tag coming off a breakout year.
Minnesota wasn't the only team confronting tough calls on quality players – calls that would perhaps be no-brainers under different circumstances. Numerous players from other clubs suddenly became available, some of them logical fits for Minnesota.
I was joined via live-stream by Seth Stohs and David Youngs on Wednesday night, an hour after the deadline, as we reacted to the news and broke it down.
Tune into future live broadcasts on Twins Daily's Twitter, Facebook, or YouTube page. (Or by tuning into the YouTube stream above.) It's an interactive show where viewers help steer the conversation via comments and questions. You can also catch every episode via audio by subscribing to our podcast.
In the meantime, check out previous episodes of Offseason Live and see what's upcoming:
- Ep 1: Twins Offseason Jeopardy! (Thurs, 10/8)
- Ep 2: Projecting the Twins’ 2021 Payroll (Tues, 10/13)
- Ep 3: Stay or Go? Twins Impending Free Agents (Thurs, 10/15)
- Ep 4: Twins Arbitration Decisions (Tues, 10/20)
- Ep 5: Free Agency – Catchers & Infield (Thurs, 10/22)
- Ep 6: Free Agency – Outfield & DH (Tues, 10/27)
- Ep 7: Free Agency – Starting Pitchers (Thurs, 10/29)
- Ep 8: Free Agency – Relief Pitchers (Thurs, 11/5)
- Ep 9: Twins Trade Targets (Thurs, 11/12)
- Ep 10: Offseason Blueprints (Tues, 11/17)
- Ep 11: The Non-tender Deadline (Weds, 12/2)