Minnesota Twins 2020 Schedule Released
Image courtesy of © Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY SportsHere’s a breakdown of what was known about the schedule going into Monday’s release:
- All teams will play 10 games against each team in their division, so 2/3rds of their schedule will be against division opponents.
- The other 20 games will be played against the corresponding regional division in the National League. For the Twins, this means playing teams from the NL Central.
- Out of those 20 games, six will be with the closest natural rival. For the Twins, this means playing the Brewers six times.
- Every team has six total off-days throughout the season.
Before the full schedule was released, fans learned the Twins would be opening the 2020 season on the north side of Chicago against the White Sox. This likely means a pitching match-up of Jose Berrios versus Lucas Giolito starting at 7:10 Central. Chicago is expected to be better this season after adding some key pieces, but most prognosticators have them slated to finish third in the AL Central.
After three games in Chicago, the Twins have an eight-game home-stand that includes two games with the Cardinals, four games against Cleveland, and two games versus the Pirates. Minnesota’s next eight games are on the road with two games at Pittsburgh, three games in Kansas City, and three game in Milwaukee.
Next on the schedule is seven home games against the Royals (4 games) and Brewers (3 games). From there, the club goes on the road for 10-games with three in Kansas City, three games in Cleveland, and four games in Detroit. Following this, the club heads home for seven games with three against the White Sox and four against the Tigers.
Also included in Minnesota’s final month of the schedule is two games in St. Louis, before coming home to face Cleveland in what could be a pivotal series in deciding the division winner. Minnesota’s last road trip includes four games against the White Sox and three games against the Cubs. This allows the team to end the year at Target Field with two games versus Detroit and three games versus Cincinnati.
Notes on the schedule:
- The Twins get seven home games against Cleveland which means the Twins will only play in Cleveland for three games.
- Minnesota’s inter-league schedule includes six games against Milwaukee, four against Pittsburgh, four against St. Louis, three against the Cubs, and three against the Reds.
- In September, 15 of their 23 games are against AL Central opponents.
- August might be their easiest month with 18 of their 29 games against the Pirates, Tigers, and Royals.
What are your thoughts on the team’s 60-game schedule? Leave a COMMENT and start the discussion.
MORE FROM TWINS DAILY
— Latest Twins coverage from our writers
— Recent Twins discussion in our forums
— Follow Twins Daily via Twitter, Facebook or email
- nclahammer, Tom Froemming, Minny505 and 2 others like this